solid gold reg or puppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

owrlayla

Boxer Pal
i search for this info her but could not find it.
I am switching my girl from natural choice lamb and rice formula, to Soild Gold.
I was wondering though if any one has any experiences with puppy formula or regular adult formula. I read in couple of places that some breedes age slower and should be on puppy formulas until 18 mounths. Are boxer one of them? SHe has a lot of eye boggies but her coat is pretty good. I just want something that's best for her cause if I only eat good stuff so should her.
Thanks.

gmacleod

Elusive Moderator
Staff member
Boxers don't finish growing until they're about 3 years old. Nobody would consider feeding a puppy formula that long though LOL

In fact, it's not actually necessary at all. Not if you're feeding a high quality food. Dogs aren't any different from any other mammal, humans included - their young (post weaning) are raised on the same food as adults. And there are dangers (serious ones) associated with overnutrition of puppies.

If you feed puppy food at all, then you should switch to adult food by 4-6 months. The big growth spurts are well over by then, and it's just a steady climb to maturity.

Status
Not open for further replies.