Solid boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogNamed_Boo

Completely Boxer Crazy
Originally posted by PawPrintBoxers
:LOL: That boy needs to shed a few pounds. Definitely a big boy. If Booker T ever got that big, he would be on a diet consisting of nothing by air ;)

I would have to agree ..and say the samething about Boo ...I'm not envious at all ...Your boy is a handsome boy never the less !!!

lovicon
Boo & Vickie

boxer_booty

Boxer Booster
Thanks you for all the responses. I started BARFing and he was 55 Ibs and now he weighs 75 Ibs. I cut his propotions down to half (several months ago - like 5 months) and he still does not want to shed the pounds. I'm going to include a before picture. He is very health and happy. Believe me when say that I am very concern with his puggyness.

So I'll post a before BARF picture.

Part of it might just be the way he is made. He has a pretty deep chest. And it really does appear he should be able to lose some weight. Have you had his thyroid tested? And whatever portions you are giving him, you probably do need to cut back.

You can add green beans in place of some food may help as a no calorie filler.

Sunny Northern California
Boxer Champions and Loving Pets

DogNamed_Boo

Completely Boxer Crazy
Originally posted by boxer_booty
Thanks you for all the responses. I started BARFing and he was 55 Ibs and now he weighs 75 Ibs.

I was just comparing Boo with your boy ....This was taken when Boo was 12 months old ..at 74 lbs

Boo @ 12 months

Boo is now 14 months & 76.lbs ...but he's not no where near as big as your boy ....!!!

How old is he ? ..How tall is he at the withers ?

Christina ..I think your right ...he appears to have a very deep chest.

Good luck with the weight loss !!

lovicon
Boo & Vickie

boxer_booty

Boxer Booster
I measured him around the rib cage and he is 34 inches and his height at his withers is 25 - 26 inches.

My female; which was Cabrio full sister from a different litter, her rib cage was 26. I know this cause I have an old halter type collar of hers. Every one said that she was very small. And Cabrio was her same height and was just 5 Ibs heavier than she was (50 Ibs).

I know others with boxers and they are close to his weight but are much much thinner. Remember that fat weight less than muscle.

In the picture he was looking a someone and puffs himself up. His gut is not usually that big.

Cindy Creel

Boxer Insane
I got yelled at by the vet also for allowing the babies to get too heavy. I put them on a low fat diet and limited their snacks. They took off the pounds. They look so much better. Good luck with the diet. He is a handsome boy.

Ci ndy

Originally posted by boxer_booty
I measured him around the rib cage and he is 34 inches and his height at his withers is 25 - 26 inches.
I have never measured Booker T around the chest, and so did so with this message. He is 30-1/2" around. I opened the tape up to 34" to see what the difference was and it was a big difference. My opinion is your boy is barrel chested. I did have that thought when I saw how deep his chest was but it takes a front shot to be sure. See how his chest goes deeper than his "elbows" ?

:LOL: Don't worry. That is just the conformation part of my brain talking. It does sound like his sister is a much more medium size. So a diet probably would help him out.

Sunny Northern California
Boxer Champions and Loving Pets

Status
Not open for further replies.