1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

soccer balls, is it the color

Discussion in 'Behavioral Issues' started by reneekathryn, Nov 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reneekathryn

reneekathryn Boxer Booster

Today Gracie found my 2 year olds' mini size soccer ball. It is slightly bigger than her head and black and white. She is fascinated with it. She loves to play ball and fetch. But, with this she CHARGES after it making sure no one else reaches it first. Then she wraps her big mouth around it and tucks it under her chest between her legs. She tries so hard to keep it to herself. She doesn't act this way with any other toy. She is having fun, I'm not in any way concerned. It's just such funny behavior do you think it could be the coloring? wackicon Renee&Gracie

2. Cindy and Lacie.

Cindy and Lacie. Guest

LOL! this is the way that Lacie reacts to basketballs, but she cant get her mouth around them so she starts to bark and jump, and push the ball all over the place! Its so funny

3. Tulsa-Dan

Tulsa-Dan Your Friendly Moderator

I have to put my two on leash if we pass some kids playing soccer or basketball. They INSIST on getting those balls and playing with them (or trying to play with them). It is so funny to watch them try and get their little mouths around such a big ball. My Susie gets frustrated and she starts barking at the balls. So cute.

4. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

Markus just loves soccer balls. He is almost obsessed with them. I used to have to hide his. otherwise he would want it all the time. And like Dan's girls, if Markus sees anyone playing with a soccer or a basketball he wanted to join in on the game. Markus can actually pick them up and carry them around and he looks so silly. :LOL:

5. shaun64

shaun64 Boxer Booster

:D Zeus loves soccer balls so much I finally bought him his own. He runs around the back yard with it kind of between his front paws, so it pushes ahead as he runs. It's funny when he gets going so fast he trips over the ball and goes flying head over feet.

6. Tulsa-Dan

Tulsa-Dan Your Friendly Moderator

Funny, I bought my dogs a real soccer ball too, thinking they'd love to have one and play with it anytime they wanted. Well guess what? They don't play with it at all. smashicon

But, just like most of their toys, I guess, no matter if they are identical to theirs, the other dog's toy is always much better than theirs. Dogs!! Go figure! wackicon

7. Mia's Dad

Mia's Dad Boxer Booster

Something about them

That is partly haw Mia got her name... When i went to pick a puppy out she was playing with a little soccer ball. She was 8 weeks and playing with a ball twice her size. She would kick it and "box" it... it was the funniest thing I had ever seen. Something about them is irrestible. It is nice to know that other dogs love them like Ms. Mia does.:LOL:

8. sparsey

sparsey Super Boxer

Ruby loves soccer balls, volleyballs, basketballs. With the soccer balls she likes to rip off the black and white pieces and just destroy the ball. She pops the balls so she can carry them around in her mouth, looks hilarious with a huge ball sticking out of her mouth. We had a blue basketball, and when she carried that around, she looked like she was blowing a huge blue bubble wackicon

9. barto

barto Boxer Pal

Actually is kind of funny, but I have an 11years old ( 77 in dog's years) boxer that instead of jumping all over me, like my other 3 boxers do when I arrive, for the last 5 years the first thing he has been doing when he sees me is run to the backyard to find a his soccer ball and bring it to me. Just to stay in front of me without letting me take the ball from him to play.:confused:

10. Barron's mom

Barron's mom Completely Boxer Crazy

Barron loves to play soccer. He began his love of the game while watching it at my niece's soccer game. He got loose and ran onto the field to play the game with the girls. The ref stopped the game until I could catch up with Barron, who kept going with the ball, using his paws to guide the ball. Needless to say, Barron was the star of the game because no one could believe a boxer was playing soccer. Barron continues to play soccer with my nieces with his own ball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.