So nervous..please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BADWHISKEY

Boxer Booster
Ok so for the past few days it's been nice and sunny with a cool breeze. So i decided to let whiskey and gisele play outside these past few days. We let them out friday all afternoon, saturday i took them out for most of the day, and on sunday aswell. We'll saturday morning we took both a shower before they played outside and everything was fine. However i noticed sunday afternoon that whiskey was missing some hair from his paws. On his hind legs
it's very minor, and on his front legs it's about the size of a nickle. Gisele only has it on one front leg but has a small patch in the shoulder. It doesn't seem to bother whiskey but it seems to itch gisele. I can't think what may have caused this. I did notice that they were digging holes and removing the grass and playing on the dirt. Gisele is the one who like to roll around so i'm guessing the grass or dirt since she has it in her shoulder. I'm taking her to the vet tommorow for her next shots so i'll ask to be checked then, for now...any suggestions? What can i put on them to protect their skin?? Pleasse help!!!! Has any of you guys have any similar issue??

BxrMommieNAZ

Boxer Insane
Could be fleas, could be an allergy to the dirt or grass, could be ant bites, could be sarcoptic mange...could be a lot of things.

Personally I wouldn't advise doing anything until you have a proper diagnosis of what it is otherwise you may end up doing more harm than good.

Good luck!

BxrMommieNAZ

Boxer Insane
What I would advise is LOTS of handwashing for any humans in your home as some things are contagious between animal and human (like sarcoptic mange and ringworm among others), so make sure to take proper sanitary precautions for yourself and any other humans/animals in your home until you know for sure what it is to lessen the liklihood of it spreading if it's something contagious from animal to human.

BADWHISKEY

Boxer Booster
Well doc. Had a scraping done on them and everything came back great, he came out with the conclusion that it was ant bites. He gave me a spray to help with the itching and get rid of the swollen. So far so good but still keeping a real close eye on them, docs. Make mistakes too!

BxrMommieNAZ

Boxer Insane
Having lived in the south and had my fair share of ant bites I can definitely confirm that they itch and hurt all at the same time so if it wasn't anything contagious and they both had it that's probably a pretty good guess.

Good luck hope they heal up quickly! Ants can be nasty little critters haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.