So far not good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhendo

Boxer Buddy
We did get her to show a little interest in some turkey baby food. Did what DiverDiva mentioned and dabbed a little on her lips. She licked it off and then licked up a little bit off the plate then lost interest.

On a good note, we did get her to eat some raw steak tonight, about 1/4 of it. We also got her to eat some chicken. Yay!!!

Hopefully, just one more day until the biopsy results. Keeping our arms, fingers, legs, toes, and paws crossed.

mhendo

Boxer Buddy
Hi all.

We got the biopsy results back and they were not good. It is an aggressive lymphoma. We decided to go the chemo route, but we cant' start that until she's healed from the surgery. Can't start it for at least another week.

The dilemma is, I don't know if she will be strong enough for the chemo or how well she will handle it. She still isn't eating much. We got an appetite stimulant (Mertazapine) but it's not working too well. She doesn't seem to be in pain, although she is on pain meds from the surgery. She was playing a little last night with her ball and her sister.

So we just have to keep a real close eye on her and decide if it is the right thing to do to wait for the chemo or make that one decision I hate making.

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
I'm sorry you didn't get better news. It is a good sign that Roxy was playing. Continued prayers for you all.

Tuff Love

Boxer Insane
Oh my! I'm so so sorry to hear about Roxy :( and so young!! I always thought lymphoma hit more middle aged and older dogs, but I guess it could occur at any age. I hope you're able to do chemo with her and send it into remission. Sending lots of (((healing vibes))) her way.

Roge

Boxer Insane
Im so sorry that the news wasnt bettter, Take it a day at a time and see how it goes, she may heal very well and be well able to handle the chemo as she has youth on her side. Sending lots of healthy healing and posative <<<<vibes >>>> your way.

furrykidmom

Completely Boxer Crazy
I am so sorry to hear about your baby. We lost our Tigger quickly at a young age to cancer.

I hope that you get to enjoy your time together. We could not get our boy to eat anything either but he was happy to be held and be with us. He tried so hard to be stoic.

We are sending healing thoughts and prayers.

mhendo

Boxer Buddy
Thanks everyone for the prayers and (((((healing vibes))))).

We took her back to the vet yesterday afternoon to get checkup and as soon as she got in the car she perked right up and acted like nothing was wrong.

We told the vet that we were concerned that she would not be strong enough to handle the chemo if we were to wait another week. He called the oncologist and they informed us that starting the chemo now most likely would be fine and any complications would not be due to the surgery. So we decided to start the chemo. Our vet told us that he could not find Elspar anywhere but the hospital where the oncologist was had it and we could bring her right over to start it. It's about a 45 minute ride so we said we would be there within the hour.

We got there and got her checked in and they started the Elspar within an hour. They told us one of the risks with Elspar was that it could act so fast on the cancer that it could cause some problems but we decided that the possible benefits outweighed the risks at this point.

We left her overnight, which we had no problems with as this particular hospital is 24/7 with a complete staff on duty at all times and they are very good with her. I called last night at about 9:30 and she was doing good. No vomitting and she seemed to be comfortable and alert. So we went to bed hoping to get some good news in the morning.

5:30 this morning they called to inform us that her breathing had become labored and found that she had fluid in her lungs. They drained some of the fluid and found that it was blood. They aren't quite sure at this point whether or not it is due to the chemo or not. They are going to put her on oxygen and keep on eye on her. The staff at the hospital does their morning rounds until about 10, so they will do that and call us back with more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.