1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So annoyed! Need to vent

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cami, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

I had a light day of work scheduled. Got a massage when finished working, walked Raine even though it is absolutely freezing outside and had plans to get my house in order. We had carpet installed, paint and some new furniture and nothing is where it is supposed to be!
    Get in with Raine and check out my mailbox. Happily got a prescription from a new mail order pharmacy. I called them 3 times prior to sending in my prescription since my previous mail order was useless. smashicon
    I had been getting a specific script filled at Costco and even with paying for a membership I was saving $1200/year. My insurance company changed mail order pharmacies so I thought I would give the new place a try.
    Visited the doc about 3 weeks ago and watched her write "DAW" on the script (dispense as written) meaning BRAND NAME ONLY.
    Don't you know it I open up the package and it is a GENERIC.
    LIVID I tell you.

I can't take the generic version since it makes me sicker than a dog and I puke the medication out so it doesn't help since it doesn't stay in me.
    Hence the reason it says DAW on the friggin script.

Call pharmacy and go through all the crap it takes nowadays to speak to an actual human who can't do anything but tell me that approval was given for the medication by some chick named Andrea from my doctors office. I am assuming a nurse or some other office personnel since my doc's name is Elizabeth. I suppose she just said "Yes" to the pharmacy's request without even bothering to look at my file where it clearly states my issues with the generic version of this medication.

I'm put on what seems like eternal hold with elevator muzac with a terribly bad connection which has the recording crackling in my ear for nearly 30 minutes while I wait for a pharmacist.

FINALLY "Steve" gets on the line with me and I explain my situation. He gives me a couple of options:
    1). I can call my docs office and have them fax another script with DAW written on it. Seriously dude? I already sent you that exact same thing.
    2). I can have my doc write me a script with DAW written on it and mail it in. Ditto the above.
    3). I can have my doc call in a script to a local pharmacy in which I can pick it up but pay upwards of $600 for it since I am now signed up for mail order and I would be paying full price.

4). I can get more irritated and tell them that I want my friggin medication dispensed to me how it was prescribed and over nighted to me since I will run out of my current med this weekend.

After much back and forth with the original person taking my call and "Steve" I am told that they will put something in my file which states that I am to have the brand FOREVER on this medication and they will try to expedite it to me but there is no way to guarantee it will be here anytime soon. Why they could not have just said that to me originally is beyond me. Instead they had to just get me so completely mad I can't see straight.

I won 1/2 the battle and I can live with that but that one phone call which lasted nearly an hour totally ruined my day. I won't get anything done I had planned on doing since I am seeing red and mad as H**L. evilicon
    Okay. Vent complete. appicon

2. Linda/NJ

Linda/NJ Boxer Insane

Sorry you had to go through that BS. It makes you want to bang your head against the wall doesn't it???

3. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

I totally understand your point of view and had has issues with his mail order as well. I want to give you a heads up on an issue we had. DH's script was lost in the mail when we finally got another script sent out it can with the notice of no refills. Since in the pharmacies eyes they sent the meds they had filled the prescription, even if we didn't get it. So DH calls the doctor to get him to write a new prescription to cover the difference. The doctoe wants Don to come in for a physical before he does that. Since the pills come 3 months at a time it was only 9 months since his last physical and the insurance only covers one a year. It took my husband probably two weeks to get everything straightened out. He was frustrated and the doctor was frustrated and I am sure the pharmacy didn't give a hoot one way or another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.