1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snotty nose

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by kahlua, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kahlua

kahlua Boxer Booster

Does your boxer wake up with a snotty nose? Kahlua wakes up sniffling until she wipes it all over my bed smashicon for about 15 minutes every morning. Seems like she gets her sinuses from her mommy (me).

2. Scorpio

Scorpio Boxer Insane

I have to say no Ozzy never has a snotty nose. Is it clear discharge? Iguess it would be like their eyes, clear okay, green or yellow discharge, infection. You could try the search engine above right or I would inquire with my vet.

3. kgf73

kgf73 Boxer Booster

Last Thursday night Mabel started coughing (like something was in her throat), and I didn't think anything of it. However, on Friday I looked down to give her a smooch and her nose was a huge green snotty mess. And when I woke up Saturday morning her whole beaker (that's what I call her muzzle) was just ICK, and she still had that odd cough. So I called the vet and they were booked but fit me in-between the first and second appointments. She was diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection and put on antibiotics. The Dr. said it could have been worse if I had waited until Monday. Otherwise, she was healthy.

I think she caught it from the cat. Opus has had a slight cold, and at night Mabel would go and drink out of his water bowl. So I found another spot for water bowl. My mother said that Opus probably sat atop the crate and coughed on his paw and said "Here Mabel - lick my foot".evilicon

Sorry for getting off the subject. Anyway, if it's something she does every morning, (and it didn't just come up), Kahlua could just have a little stuffiness that starts draining when she becomes active in the morning. And like Scorpio said - if clear it's probably okay. Except for the beaker tracks on your bed.:p

4. Cayenne's Mom

Cayenne's Mom Boxer Insane

Oh poor thing. Cayenne has had real red eyes lately and lots of eye goobers but she never has had a runny nose.

5. dan h

dan h Super Boxer

Do any of you smoke inside the house? Well, Max had all the same problems mentioned above, and we also smoked in the house. We decided not to smoke inside anymore and his snotty nose and red eyes and eye goops have all disappeared. He still does get a little eye booger in the mornings, but nothing like before. Just a thought.

6. Austin's Mom

Austin's Mom Boxer Insane

Austin doesn't wake up with a snotty nose, but he sneezes like crazy every morning! That's how I know he's up!

7. Saywinboxers

Saywinboxers Boxer Booster

Since most of you have mentioned its first thing in the morning, it may be that your dog has been sleeping on his back, if you ever notice, they can't lie on there backs for very long, with out sneezing, it seems its very unnatural for there sinus's to drain that way. Which would account for the runny nose also, it kind of collects there, until they sneeze. But if they also have red eyes, and seem itchy then maybe you should see the vet about allergies....Our breed is on the list of dogs prone to allergies........ another thing to watch for when looking for breeders.....Cindy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.