1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smiley's version of Hide & Seek

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by LILYLARUE, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LILYLARUE

LILYLARUE Boxer Insane

Here is a video of Smiley, who can make up his own games when no one or other dog wants to play with him. He is always finding something of fabric to hide a toy in by putting the toy on top then biting, bunching and shaking the fabric thing until the toy is hidden inside or pops out and he can chase it.

Soooo, Sunday night I was laying in bed, docs orders, and I hear Smiley playing his hide & seek game with an unknown toy and his dog bed. I rarely get to video it not being prepared with camera in hand, but this time - I GOT HIM! I had to video it because I had no idea what toy he was playing with.

It was hard to rely on the light from my iPhone, and the first few secs are totally dark, but at the end you will see him "find" the mystery toy and then pick it up - which then I have to chase him around the room til I can get the toy in the shot.

My poor Smiley Boy, he's a total oaf!!! Life would SOOOO suck without his antics!

Smiley's Adventures- Hide & Seek "mystery toy" - YouTube

2. RockyCody

RockyCody Completely Boxer Crazy

What is that?! A BRICK!? LOL

3. LILYLARUE

LILYLARUE Boxer Insane

YEP! A freakin' BRICK!!! He is a total nutjob! He will dig up chunks of cement and play with it. Rocks, chunks of wood. The weirdest things he will bring in to the house to play with.

He's got tons of toys......I guess I prefers the type of toys he must have had before rescue. He's also the one that swallows odd things and then pukes them back up weeks later.

I don't think I would laugh as much as I do if he weren't around though. Total Jokester and self-entertainer!

4. elgerdes

elgerdes Completely Boxer Crazy

Haha, how odd! Zoe does the digging for her toys too (or us). Just posted a video of it too! Goofy dogs, but they know what they want!

5. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

Too Funny! I can see in the last few seconds of the video as to why you call him Smiley!

6. LILYLARUE

LILYLARUE Boxer Insane

He always smiles, always happy, always having a good time, even if just in his head. He was a bait dog, came from a raid where he was found in a dark basement, stuck in a filthy, too-small crate at 6 mos old. He then spent 9 months in a shelter where the workers didn't have the heart to put him on the list every week. I finally pulled him when his time was up and no chance of skipping the list. He was an absolute mess! Shook 24/7, fearful of everything, noises, people, dogs, hands, couches, beds, floors, steps, wind, air, etc.....
    I ended up working with him and adopted him - now he is an absolutely dreamy dog of all dogs!! I don't think he would be at the emotional and psychological place he is without all the training and constant work. Believe me - he was A LOT of 24/7 work for two years to get him there!

After all he had been through - he still smiles everytime he looks at me! He even started to snuggle and sleep next to me on the bed in the last 2 weeks now. My heart swells and my eyes go bright when I see him too! All my rescues were complete messes, but to see them finally happy, content and feeling safe is the best reward!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.