1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smartphone.....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RockyCody, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockyCody

RockyCody Completely Boxer Crazy

So I'm finally ready for an upgrade on my cell. I have a Motorola Bionic and have had all DROID systems since smartphones came out.

I'm tempted into switching to an iphone but also considering the moto x, htc one, or galaxy nexus 4.

I use my phone for talking RARELY - mostly it's FB, camera, texting, emails, etc.

Do any of you have any suggestions as to which phone would work well for me?! All my FB pics are from my phone as I don't have a 'real' camera besides my phone one.

2. chrystel

chrystel Boxer Insane

Hi Lauren!

I just changed my phone last month and I think I can help you a little - I used to have an HTC Evo.

Iphone: my friends who have iphone don't have reception where I get it with 4g on my android. Their pictures are not that good. Iphone changes every 6 month. Very frustrating (new one 5-S comes in September this year and iphone 6 scheduled for February..)

I decided then against the iphone and tried the HTC One. The camera SUCKS!!!! blurry! I would have to be VERY still for the picture to be ok. You can google <htc one blurry pictures> and you will find millions of complains.

This is a picture taken with the HTC One. Notice the blurry in the foreground. And this one is not bad at all.. Snatch was standing still. No picture possible otherwise. Very frustrating!
    https://sphotos-b-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/969389_10151727396789276_1016697183_n.jpg

So after the 14 days free sprint trial, I chose the Samsung Galaxy S4. A-MA-ZING!!!
    The pictures are awesome!!! it is fast, super friendly and fun! The battery life is good too!.

Here are some example of pictures with it!

a panoramic S4
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1005231_10151884225714276_285233331_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1146566_10151884217264276_759822608_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1238854_10151896279219276_222194025_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/534951_10151896278979276_1312006287_n.jpg

3. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

I JUST got the Samsung S4 on Sunday and am loving it so far! The camera is 13 megapixels and even though I have only taken a few photos has worked great. The camera has a lot of filters including fisheye (which is fun on a close up a dogs face), panoramic, and one I am dying to try, a "drama". It takes several pictures of motion all in one frame. I was going o try this weekend when the hubby and Arabella are playing fetch and she jumps in the air to catch the ball. Before that I had the Samsung Stratosphere and was very happy with it and almost postponed upgrading, but the battery was going so I opted to upgrade instead of buying the new battery. (Just don't tell DH a new battery would only cost $25 ;) )

I have friends and family that have iPhones and to be honest I have rarely seen where Siri worked well. (You have to enunciate without an accent.) I have also always been able to pull up info faster with my Samsungs than they have on their iPhones. I literally had to pull over to the side of the road to use my phone to get flight info because the other person's iPhone couldn't find it and I was already at the airport. (Patience is a virtue I do not possess.) I know people who are happy with their iPhones, but that is also the only phone they have owned and refuse t look at anything else because they are used to it or don't want to lose all their music.

I don't know what carrier you have, I have Verizon and have always gotten great advice from the sales people as to what is the best fit phone for me. So you can always pick your sales people's brains as well.

4. Madea

Madea Super Boxer

I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and I love it. My husband has the Samsung Galaxy S4 and he loves his also. I had every IPHONE that has been on the market and i would never go back to them. Android is the phone

5. packblt

packblt Completely Boxer Crazy

I also just upgraded last month to Samsung Galaxy S4 from HTC and love it. My kids are iphone users and I don't like the small screen. I loved my HTC phone but I think the Galaxy S4 is even better. I use it for emails (personal and work), FB, web and I do use the phone, mostly in my car with bluetooth. Love the camera but have only uploaded to FB so far. I have AT&T and service is great 4G and some areas 4GLTE.

Good luck:)

6. johann

johann Boxer Insane

I have the new Sony Xperia and love it. The camera takes great quality photos, which is mainly why I have a phone. :LOL:

7. Sansal

Sansal Boxer Insane

I have an iphone 5 and I love everything about it. The camera is great and I don't have any issues with reception. I also use an ipad and a macbook air so for me an iphone made the most sense, since a lot of content syncs automatically between the devices. I love the design and the size, personally I would not want to carry an even bigger device around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.