1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small?

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by Brindlegirly, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brindlegirly

Brindlegirly Boxer Booster

Hi everyone, I know every puppy is different just like every baby is different, both my kids were "small" on the growth charts, so I know it's just based on the "average" kid....
    But I'm curious if our puppy is small for her age, going to be smaller grownup or if she's just a slow grower! I have read through some of the post on "post your age and weight" thread, and seems like she's little!
    Yesterday was her 16 week checkup and shots (yay!) and she is just 22lbs. When I mentioned that I thought she was small, the Vet tech agreed and thought she'd get to 50lbs as an adult. She is by no means scrawny, she's very healthy and eats great! We feed her high quality food as well. She's just petite! Reminds me of my 4 year old daughter! ;) I know her parents were 65+ lbs, so maybe she will take a couple three years to reach her potential weight.
    This is just "I'm curious" or "what do you think" thread. Of course I don't care how big she gets, I didn't get her in hopes to have a huge dog, and don't mind if she's on the small end. I just get people that ask if she's a miniature boxer....um no...! What is a mini boxer anyway??
    Thanks for input!

2. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

No one can say for sure. My girl was 16 pounds at 8 weeks and we were sure she was going to be huge. She is taller than most other females but at 2 years of age is right around the 50 pound mark (maybe up to 53 now). She doesn't look petite at all. Weight is just a number and if the rest of their body matches up and looks in proportion then they are fine!

3. sargboxerluv

sargboxerluv Completely Boxer Crazy

I brought Harley home when she was about a year old. She is now 5ish and her best weight is 53 pounds. She always seemed short to me, but my male isn't that much taller at almost 2 years old. But he is thicker.

I had a neighbor who had got a female boxer who was the runt of the litter, and she only grew to 45 pounds. But a friend of mine had a 95 pound male. So it really does vary.

And there is no such thing as a mini boxer. There are boxers, and mixed breeds with boxer in them.

4. Bathel

Bathel Super Boxer

My little girl was 21 lbs at 16 weeks. Both her parents were show Grand Champion Show dogs and she was breed for show. Would expect her to be in the 60ish pound range full grown...

5. Brindlegirly

Brindlegirly Boxer Booster

Thanks all! I know they grow for the first couple of years, and everyone grows at different rates. I love her however she turns out! :) Time will tell!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.