1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small ears?

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by Tango's Mama, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tango's Mama

Tango's Mama Super Boxer

Ive been noticing since I came to BW most all the boxers ive seen photo's of have larger ears(lengthwise as well) than Tango. I just wondered if that was odd to anyone? Or if Im just seeing the larger ears because i think his are too small..Either way I wondered if anyone would take a look at my gallery(or the link below) and see if you think his ears look odd. I didnt know anything about taping when i got him nor did i want to crop them. He is 5 now so im not too worried about it. Just curious..:)Thanks!!

Michele & Tango

2. PawPrintBoxers

PawPrintBoxers Banned

Ears come in all sizes. Just like boobs. Well, maybe not just like boobs :)

3. SoleilBxrs

SoleilBxrs Banned

*muahahahahahahahaha* :LOL: thanks for the laugh Christina!

-Kat

4. DianeD

DianeD Boxer Booster

As always, I see Booker T on your avatar and immediately prepare myself for yet another of your intelligent, informative responses that I enjoy so much. I swear Christina, if I had anything in my mouth, it would be all over my monitor! You had me rolling!

5. PawPrintBoxers

PawPrintBoxers Banned

hehehehe - I do have a silly side. How can you not when you live with Boxers ??

:D

6. Tango's Mama

Tango's Mama Super Boxer

hehehe...now that made me feel heaps better..finally something i can relate to..he gets the smallness from his mom..;)

7. PawPrintBoxers

PawPrintBoxers Banned

LOL!!!!!!!

8. Mama_Zookeeper

Mama_Zookeeper Boxer Insane

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Trying to breathe, Dora!

9. boxer

boxer Boxer Insane

I don't think Tango's ears are too small at all. Because he's got such strong cartillage they are tending to fly rather than lie flat, and that makes them appear smaller than they actually are. But the ears are supposed to be moderate in size - and small is preferable to large ;)

The UK standard (don't think the US one describes the natural ears yet, so have to quote from another country's standard - and the UK suits well because natural ears have always been a part of its standard) describes the ears as moderate and lying flat and close to the cheek. But that's a simplification of its previous description which was: "The Boxer's natural ears are defined as: moderate in size (small rather than large), thin to the touch, set on wide apart at the highest points of the sides of the skull and lying flat and close to the cheek when in repose. When the dog is alert the ears should fall forward with a definite crease."

10. zzzina

zzzina Boxer Booster

Tango's Ears.....

are just fine, Like Christina said (which almost made me pee my pants from laughing) ears are (almost) like boobs......I have two dogs, and 3 cats, They are all different.....perfection is in the eye of the beholder....my babies are perfect, I'm sure yours are, too. AND WE ARE TALKING ABOUT EARS!!!!! LOL
    appicon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.