sloppy kisses

Status
Not open for further replies.

dee

Boxer Booster
Just wondered if anyone else has a jumping boxer. My Rocky is perfect in every way (I've spent enough money and time to assure that)
wink.gif
except there was absolutely no way I could stop this dog from trying to kiss peoples faces. I've been through all the training techniques, but he won't jump on me, so I can't correct him. He doesn't exactly jump on people, he jumps up to give them big slimey, slobbery kisses in the face. People say he has great hang time. When we're at the park, everyone knows not to bend over to tie a shoe or pet another dog, because Rocky will come flying out of nowhere to slime their face. It's actually pretty funny sometimes. People stand up and have this big gob of white slime hanging on their face. (remnicent of that scene in Something about Mary) What's not so funny is he'll do it to strangers if they stop to talk to him.
eek.gif
Being a boxer, if a someone comes to the door or comes up to us in the park, he just can't contain his happiness to remain in a sit,stay long enough. I'm not asking for anyone to solve this, because he's four yrs old now and I've tried everything and heard all the training tips. I just accept it as part of his personality and I love him anyway.

------------------
Rocky's Mom
4 yr old white, natural ears, cropped tail

Suzanna828

Boxer Booster
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dee:
I've been through all the training techniques, but he won't jump on me, so I can't correct him. He doesn't exactly jump on people, he jumps up to give them big slimey, slobbery kisses in the face. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha! I have the same problem with Jake. He doesn't jump on me, but on everyone else. He especially loves to jump on my sister. I keep telling her to correct him but she doesn't mind. How could anyone resist that cute little smooshe face? We're having friends over this weekend who have small children (one is 2 yrs, the other 3 mnths). They've never met Jake, and he LOVES kids, so I'm a little worried he'll jump on the 2 year old. I'll have to really watch him. Also, of course, he LOVES to give boxer slurps. I hope they don't mind boxer drool on their kids! :; The only baby he's been around is my sister, a fellow boxer owner. Her boxer was licking the baby the day she came home, so of course she encourages Jake! My husband suggested gating him downstairs, but I'm afraid he would start associating babies with being locked up. *Sigh*. What to do with my bundle of love?

------------------
Suzanna - Mom to Jake, 2 year old fawn male, floppy ears, docked tail

cin heier

Boxer Pal
If you find out let me know too. Finally have gotten the jumping to a bare minimum ie. my daughters boyfriends, and he has quit inhaling diapers (whew!) but for some reason the licking and especially kids we don't have down. For some reason Buckaroo thinks he has to keep them clean or something.

Suzanna828

Boxer Booster
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cin heier:
For some reason Buckaroo thinks he has to keep them clean or something.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm... I've often wondered why Jake attacks my sister's baby with kisses. Maybe that's why. It's kind of cute and kind of gross at the same time. LOL!

------------------
Suzanna - Mom to Jake, 2 year old fawn male, floppy ears, docked tail

Status
Not open for further replies.