Signs from Raine for a new pup??

Cami

Boxer Insane
I lost Raine in Feb. Completely devastated still.
I waited over 6 months before bringing her home after losing Cami. After bringing her home I told anyone who would listen that 6 months was too long and we should have done it sooner (although it wouldn't have been her so I guess it was perfect timing). At any rate I started looking for another pup a couple of months ago. I think Raine and Cami too have been sending me signs and specifically sent me to a specific breeder.
So I find a breeder that does all the necessary testing. Will be breeding her female, a GCH stunning flashy brindle. I start looking at her pedigree. She has a grandfather with "Ferrari" in the name. That doesn't mean much to most people but it does to us. My hubby is a Ferrari mechanic. There are not many of them in the grand scheme of things and this dog is from California and ended up in Ohio where we are. If that were the only thing I would think coincidence. There is more!
Breeder ends up breeding to a male from Nebraska. That isn't just around the corner from Ohio! I get this guys pedigree....Cami and Raine both had the same great grandfather on their fathers side. A LOM sire from Ohio. I always loved that they were related. It meant nothing but just made me feel better. The sires pedigree was impressive but a name caught my eye like I had seen it before and I started searching further....The father of the pups ALSO has the same name in his lineage...3 times grandfather but he is there!! Now another coincidence. These new pups will also be related to my girls!! OMG!!
Still with me? It gets better....if you are a number and signs person....like me.
Cami was born 3/25
Raine was born 7/1
Mom of the pups date of birth is 3/1. The month of birth of Cami and the day of birth of Raine.
Pups were due on 6/23. They went in for a c-section a day late on the 24th.
Take their day of birth of 24 add 1 for Raine you get 25 which is for Cami.
I didn't make this up. I think they are signs??
I saw pictures of the pups. I don't see any fawns. Both my girls were flashy fawns. I see a whole lot of brindle's. I am heartbroken. I KNOW the most important thing is health and temperament. I still had my heart set on a flashy fawn girl. A couple days go by then I am told there is ONE SINGLE FAWN GIRL.
So there you have it. They are 5 days old today. Of course it is far too early to decide where the pups will go. We are not a show home and those get snatched up first after the breeder makes her female pick.
So we wait.

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
Oh Susi! I really hope that there will soon be a new boxer in your house. The signs are all there. Remember, colour isn't important and there is no way that all the pups are going to be show quality. :)

joeys mom

Boxer Insane
YAY!!!! oh how cool, all of the coincidences and relations. We too waited after loosing our Joey - we waited 3 months and that was too long now that I look back, but for you guys it was just meant to be 6 months obviously for a reason. GOOD LUCK prayers that we will have a new puppy to make a fuss over loveicon

Lisa H

Completely Boxer Crazy
Fingers crossed it works out!!! My new girl Liberty (she is 5 now) is related to my last female Justice. Total complete OPPOSITES! Justice was such a sweet calm girl and Liberty is a lunatic!!!! Love em both just the same :)

Cami

Boxer Insane
They were 3 weeks old on Monday. The breeder hasn't told me anything about making a decision yet. I guess it takes a couple more weeks for the show people to make their picks. I have my heart set on the only flashy female which is a brindle. The fawn is plain. She is a cutie as well but I just love the flash and it is what it is. That being said I spoke with another breeder who has a litter due at the beginning of Aug. The sire is a flashy fawn and the dam is a flashy brindle. I have been approved for one of her pups so crossing fingers I end up with a flashy pup soon!!!!!!! The sire unbelievably is wait for it.....RELATED TO MY GIRLS....same guy many generations but there. :)

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
Sending lots of positive vibes your way that you will get your flashy pup soon.

Cami

Boxer Insane
Well its not looking promising that I will get a pup from this litter. They are 5 weeks old today and just fat little butter balls. So darn cute. I texted the breeder and she still hasn't decided which she is keeping and won't for another 2 weeks, (7 weeks old). She sent me a video of their first venture out in the yard without prompting. So then I am thinking "Who would send a video to someone if they were not getting one?" That would be cruel! Today she just said that the show homes were being decided and she wished she had a bigger litter for so many on the list wanting one for a pet home. I am on a list for another litter that will be born on Thursday, Aug 1st (c-section). The pairing has produced lots of flashy fawns- the dams first liter. This is her 3rd and last, bred to same "hubby" as her first litter of 8 but x-rays show 4 maybe 5 this time around. Who knows what will happen but I am sure whatever is supposed to happen will and I can't change it.