Sick of Winter??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedjax

Completely Boxer Crazy
Now I know that some of you are going to think I'm crazy, but I am sick to death of cold and rain. Those of you in the north will especially laugh your a** off, but it's been in the high 40's and 50's for weeks now and it's supposed to be in the 70's. This is why I live in the south - I hate cold weather but this has been the longest winter I can remember and the coldest. And the rain....everyday. We needed it, but really. I know alot of ya'll would be glad to have 40's and 50's but you're used to the cold. I'm sorry I'm being whiny, but it's soooo dreary today and I'm tired of it!!!! Thanks for letting me vent.....

buddy'smom

Boxer Pal
Yes it has been a long winter, and I too am sick of it. Here in Ontario we have had more snow than we have seen in quite a few years, cold, windy days, and very little sunshine.
Today I did see some hope of spring. I was out walking Kailee and I heard a very familiar noise, one that I had not heard since last fall. I looked up in the maple tree and there it was, my first robin of spring, singing away. For us here in Ontario, the sight of the robins back is a sure sign that warmer weather is on it's way. Made my walk with Kailee that much more enjoyable.

HELENE

Boxer Insane
Spring.

This is what we are having to put up with at the moment:
I have to look for the carrots that I have planted to come up, also the peas and Broad beans,the potatoes should be poking through the ground soon.
The Necterine tree is in blossom, also the Star Magnolia and nearly all of the bulbs.
Gunther has started mowing the lawn and is thinking about putting the barbeque outside.
The Robins have started nesting and the swallows have arrived, now I am waiting for the Hummingbirds to get here, then I will know that spring has definitely arrived:LOL:
I love this time of year, but we really haven't had a winter this year, hardly any snow at all. The temp. got to 19 degrees c. a couple of weeks ago.

E

Elsa

80 degrees here today; the whole garden is just a massive bloom-a-thon. I went to the Farmer's Market yesterday and picked up mammoth-size locally grown ripe strawberries, artichokes, and tons of sunflowers.
I am deliriously happy that the dreaded winter is over. :)

SandyR

Banned - an account can't be shared
Trish, I know just what you mean, girl! The weather here has been very unpredictable, too! One day will be very mild in the low 70's the next it plummets down into the low 40's and talk about rain! :eek: Everyother day we have had it for the last two weeks or so. My yard was in standing water up to my ankles! I was seriously thinking about building an Ark! :LOL: I know there are other places that are having it worse than we are and shouldn't complain, but I'm sick of this weather and can't wait for spring to finally get here in all her glory.

pammyjean

Boxer Insane
Spring has arrived!!!

At last (I think) spring has arrived, daffodils, tulips, all sorts of plants popping up out of the ground. :LOL:

Today we sat out in the sunshine and ate our Sunday dinner.
Old Ginty spread out on the patio , letting the sun warm her creaky old bones. (she loved it) lovicon. My grandaughter played out , with her doll and pram,and peddle car with Ginty sighing and moving out of her way.

:eek: we will make the most of it , it could snow tomorrow, :(

Bye for now Pammyjean and Ginty sleepicon (relaxing now , Linda natter natter Paige) my three year old grandaughter has gone home, peace at last.

tedjax

Completely Boxer Crazy
Well, thank goodness, spring arrived here over the weekend and no rain!!! I was practically dancing in my yard. Today is even better - 78 degrees and tons of sun. Thank you all for listening to my whiny a**!!!!

B

Betty's mom

I am glad Spring is here too, but I am not sad that it is still cool.
Imagine this: you live in Texas, it's the first part of June. You are leaving to go to work about 8:15am and the temp. is 85 degrees with the humidity at 80%.
Now it's 5:30 and your leaving work. It's 102 degrees and 80% humidity.
This is only the beginning. You still have the rest of the summer to go which for us is the end of September begining of October.

Sometimes our electric bills run in the $300. - $400. range for one month.

Don't get me wrong I like the warm weather and would never live anywhere that snows more than 5 inches in a year! But no one can say they like this kind of heat!!

Not to mention that I have uncrontrollable hair!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.