1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrinking a lipoma with tumeric

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by MayaDiane, Aug 18, 2019.

1. MayaDiane

MayaDiane Boxer Pal

My boxer has a lipoma on her thigh, about the size of a golf ball. She has mild aortic stenosis and is ten years old. We consulted with a vet about having it surgically removed, however, she would need an ultrasound on her heart to determine if she can handle the anesthesia. The total cost would be about $1,000 for the ultrasound and surgery. The lipoma also has a mole on it and the skin is tight and losing hair on it. Has anyone had any success using tumeric to shrink a lipoma on their boxer.

2. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

I have never used it. I have heard lots of good things about it and it certainly wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

3. MayaDiane

MayaDiane Boxer Pal

I will try a recipe for peanut butter oatmeal turmeric ball dog "treats" I saw online and see if that might help shrink it.

4. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

Good luck!

5. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

I tried it topically over a decade ago on a mast cell tumor. No luck and at that time little was known about it and anything I could find said to add distilled water to it to create a paste and apply directly to tumor. I didn't have any luck.

6. bxrbgood

bxrbgood Boxer Insane

Have you tried or talked with your vet about Prednisone. It is not good for long term use, but at 10 I don't think it would hurt to try. We keep an MCT on Gingers ankle small with it.