Showing standard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Join a Boxer Club

Originally posted by schipperj25
I dont think I will show him because he doesnt come from a show line and I need to do a lot more research before attempting to take it on.
Joining a Boxer club is an excellent suggestion. My first Boxer was not a show Boxer either. I never had any intentions of showing. I wanted to do Obedience but also wanted to learn about the breed. So I joined a Boxer club. It was through the members of that club that I learned so much more about the breed.

schipperj25

Boxer Booster
Unforuntaly Duke has lost his neuterables. So now any chanch for show is gone. I would like to check on joining a boxer club. I have checked the website for the club in dallas and it seems to be for people who show their dogs. I dont think I would fit in very well. Does anyone know of a club who just loves the dogs and what to keep a good breed line going?

Unforuntaly Duke has lost his neuterables. So now any chanch for show is gone. I would like to check on joining a boxer club. I have checked the website for the club in dallas and it seems to be for people who show their dogs. I dont think I would fit in very well. Does anyone know of a club who just loves the dogs and what to keep a good breed line going?
You do not have to show in Conformation to join a Boxer Club. As I said before, I was not showing in Conformation when I first joined my Boxer Club. I joined because I wanted to learn more about my new breed from those that knew it best.

I am not sure what you mean by "Keep a good breed line going". If you mean just to breed, you don't have to join a club for that :)

schipperj25

Boxer Booster
I think that my mind was mixing two different threads together in one. When I strat to type my mind goes faster than my typing. I just want to be around a group of people who love the breed as much as I do. To possibly learn more about the dog and events to compete in.

I think that my mind was mixing two different threads together in one. When I strat to type my mind goes faster than my typing. I just want to be around a group of people who love the breed as much as I do. To possibly learn more about the dog and events to compete in.
Since your boy is neutered, perhaps you are looking at performance events?

If so, I would check with any local dog training clubs. You may very well find Boxer owners also in the same class. Boxers in Agility are becoming more popular and in Obedience they are common.

I joined my Boxer club to learn about the breed, but I was attending Obedience lessons with an instructor to work towards a CD.

My experience with the club is that they are mostly concerned with showing in conformation BUT also interested in other dog events/issues. My club has a lot of people involved in agility and obedience. We also do rescue which is why I joined the club.

In a few weeks we are having our annual potluck. They give awards to all the new champions and recongnize those that titled in obedience or agility. Earlier this year we had a rescue picnic and invited all our past rescues back for a party.

Although they are maninly involved in confirmation I managed to find a home with my two pets, obedience training and love of boxer rescue.

Chewy's Mom

Boxer Insane
So, I want to know if I would be laughed right out of the local boxer club once they saw my baby Stella? She is far from standard (see my gallery), but the sweetest thing in all the world. Chewy is not so far off, but still we are not interested in showing at all. Just interested in getting to know people and learn more. I just have this fear that I'll meet a bunch of stuffed shirts who will snub their noses at my babies. Am I close on this, or am I being ridiculous?

Status
Not open for further replies.