1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

showing a boxer with natural ears

Discussion in 'Showing - questions and answers' started by jess, Aug 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jess

jess Boxer Booster

just a quick question. i recently aquired a lovely flashy brindle bitch from my equine vet as he was moving and couldn't keep her she is eight months old and has natural ears.
    i would like to show her but the last i knew the akc didn't allow natural eard dogs in the ring. it has been a while of course since i have followed the rules and regulations. what i would like to know is does the akc now except non-cropped dogs in the show ring? at eight months old she is to old to have this done and even if i did have it done i don't think they would stand anways. i also think at her age it would be a painful procedure. all help and info on this matter would be of the greatest help.

2. Darvick

Darvick Boxer Pal

American Boxer Club is the parent club for Boxers, they write the standard for Boxers not AKC. The standard has not been changed BUT there has been three natural earred Boxers finished in the US, in the last five years. All have been finished by the same handler. If your bitch is really nice, it night be worth a shot.
    It might take longer and may never happen but it'd probably be a lot of fun trying.

Darlene http://www.boxergallery.com/breeders/darvick

[This message has been edited by Darvick (edited 08-17-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Darvick (edited 08-17-2000).]

3. Krikkit

Krikkit Boxer Insane

Hi Jess, am just moving this to the Showing questions forum. It will still be open there :)

4. Paula

Paula Boxer Booster

Jess,

Isn't this board wonderful? I also have horses and haven't found any comperable equine site. Have you?

Thanks and welcome to the board!

5. jess

jess Boxer Booster

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paula:
    Jess,

Isn't this board wonderful? I also have horses and haven't found any comperable equine site. Have you?

Thanks and welcome to the board!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Paula,

this is a wonderful board i want to thank everyone for their help. what kind of horses do you have paula? I also haven't found an equine site like this would be nice to have one though.

6. Paula

Paula Boxer Booster

Jess,

I have 3: Shana, an aged App mare, 15.3, CoCO a 6 yo bay QH mare, 15.2 and Snickers, a 12.2 pony, 11 yo. Shana was originally trained Western. I ride her mostly English. We foxhunt, wagon train, trail ride and for several years participated in a drill team. Coco was supposedly used to extensive trail riding. I haven't done much with her until this summer when we started trail riding her. The pony is full of personality. He follows my mare anywhere, over anything. My daughter has been foxhunting him, mostly on a leadline for the past 2 years.

What horses do you have? What do you do with them?

7. jess

jess Boxer Booster

paula,

I have four in my barn. I also have an app he is a ten yr 15.3 gelding. i also have a black arab gelding who was rescued from a slaughter house at two weeks old they killed his mom. a breeding farm went bankrupt in pennsylvania and the jerk decided that if he couldn't have his horses no one would sohe shipped them all to the killers mares foals stallions show horses one of which i believe was a world champion in halter at one point in time. most of them were rescued but cherokee's mom two other mares and a stallion were slaughtered. Ithink the guy sent 38 horses in all to slaughter. so cherokee is my baby having been bottle raised. i also have a 17.2 hd dutch warmblood that i jump he is a stallion but you would never know it. I also have a 10.2 shetland pony that i've had since i was two. she is just a pasture pony at 42 yrs old i'm twenty five so she has a few years on me.

8. Paula

Paula Boxer Booster

Jess,

My email address is: paula@ccpl.carr.org.

Email sometime and we can talk about horses.

9. jess

jess Boxer Booster

I think i'm going to go for it. I don't think we will win but i do think it will be a lot of fun. It will also be a good experience for me so when i get a puppy this fall that is truly of show quality i will have an idea of what to expect. However i have never shown before other then horses how do i get started? PLEASE HELP!

------------------
    mom of
    biscuit brindle docked, not cropped
    digger, gunner,spike,carol-beagles
    odie golden retriever/irishsetter cross
    calvin springer/boxer cross
    cherokee,apache,boca,
    & tiggy -horses

[This message has been edited by jess (edited 08-25-2000).]

[This message has been edited by jess (edited 08-25-2000).]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.