1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Short Female Boxer??????

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by DeniseYvette, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeniseYvette

DeniseYvette Boxer Pal

I have 2 boxers, Roscoe My 6 month young boxer and then i have Khloe My 11 month young boxer.. Now when i first got her i was told she was almost a year. but when i brought her home she is very short compared to my 6month roscoe.. Is that normal or will she be stretching ... i looked her up and she is a german boxer and roscoe is believed to be american/uk boxer.. but he looks like a giant next to her, but she sure is very fiesty... can someone help me with that ????

2. Brindlegirly

Brindlegirly Boxer Booster

There really is no normal or perfect size for all boxers. The range is wide, some are petite while others are giants! My first boxer was really tall and lean, my boxer now is shorter and stalkier. I was told by the vet when she was 8 weeks that she will be on the smaller side of the spectrum, either way I love her! But it is nice to have a smaller boxer around my two kids, as she's growing she doesn't have the big clumsy puppy play that can accidentally knock kids over!
    Don't worry about your boxer's size, totally normal!

3. LILYLARUE

LILYLARUE Boxer Insane

Here in the US, we seem to like everything bigger - surmizing it's better. LOL And here in Lancaster PA, the breeders seem to like them as big as they can get them. My bro has an Amish bred lab - 140 lbs!!! It's almost certain if you see a big lab around here, they came from an Amish breeder. I am noticing the boxer's are getting the same treatment in these parts. European breeders seem to keep the size smaller than us here. Since your girl is of german lineage, it's possible she comes from a smaller line of boxers - normal for that area of the world.

My Lily is an Amish bred boxer, or american bred boxer, and is kinda large for standard. She is 62 lbs and a little bit taller than most females. Her mother was enormous! She was a hefty 82 lbs and the father was 110! So obviously this breeder was breeding for size.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.