1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shedding problem

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by mysampson, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mysampson

mysampson Boxer Pal

I never thought that a short haired dog could shed as much as my boxer does. I need some tips on grooming, different type of shampoo, or any homemade product that you may have used to control shedding !!!!
    Greatly appreciated!!!

2. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

The rubber curry comb type brushes work the the best at loosening and picking up hair. Then a rub with a towel will help remove the rest.

Short haired dogs shed just as much as long haired dogs. It's just not as noticeable.

3. Poohsmom

Poohsmom Banned

It may just be the time of year. All four of mine are shedding-my house is really dry right about now,so we have humidifiers running non stop.
    There is a product out that is called shed-stop that can be added to the food. Petsmart carries it. I've not used it,but hear it's good stuff. I've also added Linatone (at any pet store) to their food. Mine also get vitamin e caps daily to help with the shedding.
    As far as a shampoo, I use an oatmeal shampoo on Dozer because of his allergies,but hubby uses his Pantene shampoo-conditioner on the other 3 :) It sure does make their coats smooth and shiny & they smell really nice afterwards.In fact,since it has warmed up so much here today,it's bath day-woo-hoo !!

Sue and the kids,Pooh,Bownser,Dozer & Cissy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.