sheading

Status
Not open for further replies.

kody's mom

Boxer Booster
Kody is really sheading right now, any advise??? I brush him with the kong brush and bath him with gentle oatmeal shampoo, is it just that time of the year? Thanks1

Last edited:

gmacleod

Elusive Moderator
Staff member
Regular brushing should certainly help, as would a premium quality food (or a natural diet). I don't know what you currently feed him, but you might find our page about how to choose a good quality dry dog food helpful: www.boxerworld.com/feeding Likewise, supplements such as eggs, flaxseed or fish oil and things like missing link can be useful.

Other than that, boxers are just a breed of dog that sheds. That can be seasonal to some extent - and it can be reduced through regular brushing and diet - but there's nothing that will eliminate shedding completely.

kody's mom

Boxer Booster
shedding

He is 5 months old,and on nutro puppy food.
How much egg, etc. do I add and how often>
Thank you!
Kody's mom

KonaKoffe

Boxer Pal
My pup is 5 months also. You didn't indicate which line of Nutro you are feeding. If you are not already I would suggest switching to Nutro's ULTRA ( rated in the Whole Dog Journals 2005 survey as a premium kibble and meets the guidelines on this website) line for puppies. We have been feeding Kona this since she was 7 weeks old and she loves it. Everyone comments on how shiny her coat is. She hardly sheds also. I have not had any need to brush her since we have gotten her.

How often do you bathe her? If you do it more than once a month she may have dry skin.

kody's mom

Boxer Booster
Thank you! I will try the ultra. As for his bathing, it depends, sometiemes more than not right now especially, when we go on vacation he stays on a farm and gets really dirty!!!!

KonaKoffe

Boxer Pal
Unless he stinks try just rinsing him with water. The ULTRA contains fish oils too (egg and flax I think - check the label).

Status
Not open for further replies.