She just broke her toe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stokley'sMom

Boxer Booster
I need some help. Stokley was outside playing this evening and then she laid on the deck for a while. We thought she was just relaxing so we let her lay out for for about 15 minutes. When we called her in she came in only walking on 3 legs. She will not bear any weight on her back right leg. She keeps putting her paw into her mouth and my dh was inspecting her paw. He noticed that the 2nd toe from the outside pops when he moves it- he checked the other paw and it's not doing that. What do we do? The vet is closed already......

CinnamonDog

Super Boxer
I am sorry to hear that Stokley is hurt. :( My friend's lab broke its toe last year. I don't think the vet could do anything for it; it just had to heal on its own. But call your vet first thing to see what can be done. I hope your pup feels better soon.

SophieboxerX

Boxer Buddy
Stokley'sMom said:
What do we do? The vet is closed already......

Is there an emergency vet/ animal hospital that you can take your baby to?...it sounds like the joint in that toe might be dislocated if it's making 'popping' sounds.

SILLY6PAK

Boxer Insane
I would think it could wait until morning. Just make sure she stays off of it. There has been a thread on a broken toe on here recently. Try the searc button. It definately needs to be seen. I have heard of one dog was cast and another was a splint. Doing nothing is almost for sure going to cause problems down the line.

TossBranAbi

Boxer Insane
Brady broke his toe and the vet couldn't do anything about it. He gave us pain meds and said it will heal on its own. It did and Brady milked it out as long as he could to get the extra lovin' :rolleyes: It should be fine till morning and then you may want to go to the vet to make sure it is broken and not something else. If it looks like it is swelling, maybe try some ice. Good luck and hope she is feeling better soon.

Stokley'sMom

Boxer Booster
There is an emergency place here in town, but unfortunatly we don't have the funds to pay their ungodly fees. :( DH is going to call the vet in the a.m. They open @ 7. I just feel so bad for her. I'll let you know what the vet says.

Winston&Brew

Boxer Booster
The vet isn't going to be able to do much or a broken toe, but can give some meds for pain and swelling. You should call your vet in the morning, if it is bothering her a lot tonight maybe gets some pain meds in her tonight! I'm sure everything will work out great!

LokiGem

Super Boxer
I don't know much about this, but I would assume that it is similar to a human breaking their toe. Ice it for swelling and make sure your pup takes it easy awhile. I broke my finger a few years ago and didn't go to the Dr. It healed on its own and the only thing I have to show for it is a slightly bigger knuckle on that finger. A toe is toe. I would take her to the vet for the diagnosis to make sure it is just her toe. But I imagine there is little to do, other than ice/rest it until it heals.

Good Luck & Get Better KIsses to your boxer foot!

Status
Not open for further replies.