She bit me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfhtlhii

Boxer Booster
Ok she is officially four month old soon. Twice yesterday she growled and bit me hard when I put her in her kennel. It was not play biting. It really scared me. What should I do? I yelled "ouch", but she did it again at bed time. Is this just something that they go thru?

Connie

Kelly Robinson

Boxer Booster
Do you make going the kennel a good experience or is it a punishment? I always give Buster lots of love and treats and toys before I put him in the crate or the kennel in our yard.

cfhtlhii

Boxer Booster
Kelly Robinson,

I have never used the kennel as a punishment. She only goes in at night or if I have to go somewhere and can't take her. I was giving her treats as she went in but she started going in almost on her own, with me just kind of guiding her. She was outside with me for a couple of hours and it was after that that she did this. I haven't had her in there at all today. I am afraid of a repeat incident. I will have to put her in there tonight.

Connie

cfhtlhii

Boxer Booster
I just wanted to let you all know she has not done the biting again. I don't know if it was just a fluke day or what but its been days and there have been no repeats of it. She is doing great. Thank you all for the advice!

Connie

Status
Not open for further replies.