She ate a whole tube of neosporin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin's Mom

Boxer Insane
I have a fridge magnet for animal poison control, and it says right on there that there's a fee. So do they make you give them your credit card info before they tell you how to treat your poisoned dog? It may be wasting precious time if it's something really bad.

MEME'S

Boxer Booster
hydrogen peroxide is safe if your careful I was told by my vet that 1 tablespoon per 10 lbs. is safe. We had a dog years ago that ate an entire rotisserie chicken and we had to take him out to a ditch and dose him with it, I used a turkey baster to give it to him, and it worked like a charm. You do always want to call the vet first because there are certain things that they DO NOT want the dog to puke up and in those cases they'll have bring 'em in and treat it on other ways. but oh my lucky girl.

Rufust

Boxer Pal
Vela and Meme's - I agree completely with calling the vet before giving hydrogen peroxide. I've only used it one time and that was after calling my vet for approval and telling him what Rufus ingested. You can't use it for everything but I'm glad to know that I have the option for some things.

BailyWailey - so glad your baby seems to be fine!

Gus's Teah

Super Boxer
We've called poison control twice about Gus (once for Excedrin and once for a bug)...didn't know there was an animal version! Both times the "people animal control" helped us gladly and didn't charge us at all. We were instructed to induce vomitting with peroxide for the Excedrin and not to worry about the bug ;)

BaileyWailey

Super Boxer
Guess she likes it

So apparantly Bailey likes to eat neosporin. She ate another tube this morning! I think she was caught in the act before eating the whole thing though. I told my sister she needs to keep that out of reach, although it was on her dresser, Bailey has recently mastered the art of counter surfing. What a nut, can't help but love her.

sgbtab

Banned
oh yea they love to counter surf. gracie was always great for that she would eat loafs of bread and she was not allowed grain. what a mess.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.