Self vaccinations

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarnBoxer

Boxer Pal
So I got my boxer puppy mid sept of this year and he is around 6 months old right now. Before I got him they gave him the vaccinations you can get from like tractors supply. Now I haven't decided until now if I was going to keep him. I have decided I am and I have not given him vaccines since I got him. They only had the dog for about a week ...they found him btw. Solo I just remembered I was supposed to follow up with the vaccinations and forgot. And he has been checked out by a vet (my horse vet lol)and hes healthy I just need to get the vaccinations in him....do I need to start over with the vaccinations now? Or give him booster? Or what? Please and thank u

TwoDogs

Boxer Insane
Take him to a board certified veterinarian to receive his vaccinations--either a private practice or low-cost clinic. Bring the information about what he's already had and they will figure out what he needs.

Last edited:

Caney Creek

Boxer Insane
After what I've been through with Caney I would NOT in a million years vaccinate a dog myself. When Caney was 11 weeks old she had a very severe allergic reaction to her puppy shots, she swelled up in hives within minutes of receiving a combo shot, and had we not still been IN the exam room at the time she surely would not have made it. She was immediately given a steroid shot and antihistamine shot to counteract the reaction. Immediate action on the veterinarian's part saved Caney's life.

I would not recommend giving shots to an animal without a vet's supervision and immediate access to emergency care in case of a life-threatening reaction. ESPECIALLY with boxers being so prone to allergies, it is a huge risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.