Seizures and Sentinel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsBeeks

Boxer Booster
I do plan on contacting my vet on Monday, but, in the meantime, I just thought I would query all you good folk here because you are all so helpful and knowledgeable. :) Dutch is about 14 months old, and has epilepsy......his seizures have not been all that frequent (about once every 3 months), so we have not begun to medicate him as of yet. So, my question is, has anyone noticed an increase of seizures when giving their pups their flea and heart worm meds?? Dutch was on Sentinel last summer and did okay on it, but so far this year, he has had his first dose 2 weeks ago and he is still drooling, eating grass, which means his tummy is upset, no vomiting, no diarrhea.....he's been a touch off, and today he had another seizure. Since he has epilepsy, the seizure itself wouldn't normally make me get to bent out of shape, but, it is his second in about 3 weeks, which is not normal for him, so it made me wonder. Anyways, I have been kind of looking into the diatomaceous earth for fleas and ticks for next year, but, it is the heart worm protection that is important, and that I have read, DE isn't proven for it.
Again, I will talk to the vet on Monday, but if anyone has any thoughts to share, that would be awesome, and I would sure appreciate it! In the meantime.....my sweet Dutchie-poo is fresh from a nice warm bath, smellin' purdy and resting comfy.....2 things that break my heart most.....having either of my 2 children be sick or in pain, or having my pup by sick or in pain. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.