1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scrotum turning black, is it normal?

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by anglian, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anglian

anglian Boxer Pal

Hi guys, I have a 7 month old fawn boy, in the last 6 weeks his scrotum has changed from totally plain pinky colour, to being completly covered with black speckles, looks like it is turning black. Is this normal
    I took him to the vet on friday who said its just pigmentation and totally fine, but im still worried,

2. Stub

Stub Completely Boxer Crazy

Gus has a black scrotum. I don't recall what color it was as a puppy though. However his belly is still pale pink under the fur. Some of his nipples are back as well, and some are pink. I would trust your vet. :)

3. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

That is normal. It is just like a puppy nose starts out with pink on it and turns black.

4. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

I would think it is normal. Boxer skin will turn black in spots as they age. It is most noticeable where their fur is white. You will be able to see the spots through their fur, especially when the fur is wet. The spots get bigger as they age. It is nothing to worry about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.