1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sami's Story

Discussion in 'Stories' started by fonda, May 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fonda

fonda Boxer Buddy

My daughter worked at a pet store about 3 years ago when this happened. One day out of the blue she called saying Mom you have to come get this boxer. Bring 100 dollars cash with you too. I said what we have a boxer I don't need another one. She said no not a puppy from here but a man brought in a 4 month old boxer and he wants 100 dollars and when you see this boxer girl you will give it to get it away from him. I went to the bank and got the cash and took off to the cincinnati for the store. She had put Sami in a crate in the back because her manager wasn't to thrilled about this. Once I saw Sami, I knew what she meant. She had a huge scar that covered the whole top of her head. It was like nothing I had ever seen. It was raised up about a quarter of an inch tall too. I paid the man and received her health record. He said we just can't keep her and I ask what in the world happened to her head. He said he bought her like that......that her mommie had done that to her head when she was a baby. Yeah right....sure it did.....NOT!
    Sami was a nervous wreck, skinny and wild. She needed love most of all and we could give her plenty of that. We fell in love with her right away and Roxy even liked having a sister too.
    I took her to our vet for check up and the vet was very concerned with this scar, she didn't believe his story either. Sami had to have re-constructive surgery on her head to remove all the scar and tissue. The vet was afraid it might contain cancer cells. We hoped and prayed that she would be ok. The surgery went well and Sami was left with a line scar across her head and tissue was sent away. Results came back she was fine. She has a unique look now, first boxer with a face lift. Sami is going on 3 and a half now and our pride and joy. Boxer Babes

2. TigersMommy.

TigersMommy. Guest

What a kind hearted family! Sami is lucky to have 'found' you guys!

3. sparsey

sparsey Super Boxer

We also had a boxer that we rescued from an abusive owner. He had a similar mark on his head as well, only not as big. He also told us that the mother dog had done it to him as a pup. I never believed the story either. Makes me sick to think what some people can do to their pets. Your Sami is a beautiful girl. I'm sure she absolutely loves being loved by you and your family. I know Chewy loved us in the three short months that we had him, and I'm sure that his last 3 months were the best of his life. I just love to hear about kind people who take these abused pets into their lives and love them. :)

4. Angel

Angel Boxer Booster

You are a kind soul

Thank You for the story. Sami is very lucky to have you guys. I am sure that you are lucky to have her too. She is beautiful. I looked at your website and read Roxy's story. My sympathies to you and your family. The peom at the end was so true. :(
    On a better note : Winston is a beautiful boy, too.

5. YourFriendDeb

YourFriendDeb Completely Boxer Crazy

What a pretty girl Sami is!! I love the pic in the bandanna -- too cute!!!!cool2icon

6. Cherokee

Cherokee Guest

Sami looks beautiful. They did a wonderful job on her. She is a very lucky girl to have been recued by you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.