Safety Breakaway Collars

Status
Not open for further replies.

beanerbaby

Boxer Booster
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these and if they really work.
Buster turned one yesterday and the poor baby was in surgery - yuk!
He broke a tooth last week. I still don't have a clue how he did it. I had just swept the hard wood floor and walked back through and saw something white on the ground, when I picked it up, it was one of his lower canines. Youch! So, I took him to the vet and I could either get a crown or a cap, both of which I would have to travel two hours away and spend at least $500 closer to $1,000.00 OR my vet could just take the rest of it completely out.
So yeseterday, I took him in on his birthday no less to get a tooth pulled.
While he was there, they put his microchip in - that being the whole reason I pose the collar question. I figure it doesn't do much good to have a micro chip if no one knows it's there. They gave me a tag to put on his collar, but I only put a collar on him when we go for walks.

Slobberchops

Boxer Insane
Hope Buster is recovering well,what a way to spend your birthday?
About collars,Waldo loves wearing his,plus he's microchipped.
Whenever we wash him,and the collar comes off,once he's dry,he'll have spent the whole time fidgeting/or run round with it in his mouth/giving me a dirty look until it goes back on appicon

BXRBESTFRIND

Super Boxer
I had bought Arnie a plastic clip on collar when he was a pup because it was adjustable Well my brother stepped on it one day and after that it was a breakaway collar LOL Arnie would just think about going the other direction on a walk and it would just fall apart LOL

sorry im not much help but If it were me Id keep the collar on my pup unless he/she is in the crate... I dont like them sneaking up on me and pressing thier wet nose to my leg or arm It FREAKS me out haha

Last edited:

Ingrid

Boxer Booster
I'd never heard of these collars until today. I went on their website, and it seems like a really good option if you are going to leave your dog with a collar on all the time. Has anyone else used these?

Status
Not open for further replies.