1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rollover Dog food and treats

Discussion in 'Feeding' started by Tango's Mama, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tango's Mama

Tango's Mama Super Boxer

Has anyone used this or heard about it? I read about it but im not certain if its a "good" thing. It looks pretty good and it sounds like something he might like. I wanted to add some dry kibble to it as well(if i can find something he will eat) he is currently on merrick and he has been getting sick again from that. He eats it for a week or so then turns his nose up which leads to vomiting and diarrea. Im at my wits end really. The only thing I havnt tried is a raw diet. Which may be my next try. Any ideas about this food? They offer beef, lamb,chicken and turkey. I chose lamb to show you guys but the others are pretty much along the same lines!

Guaranteed Analysis:
    Crude Protein - 13% min.
    Crude Fat - 5% min.
    Crude Fiber - 6% max.
    Moisture - 40% max.
    Ash - 3% max.

Ingredients
    Lamb liver, lamb lung, lamb heart, lamb kidney, lamb spleen, whole wheat flour, rice flour, sucrose, long grain rice, salt, calcium carbonate, canola oil, water, potassium sorbate, garlic powder, cholecalciferol (source of Vitamin D3), DL-alpha-tocopherol acetate, menadione sodium bisulphate complex, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, folic acid, pyridoxine hydrochloride, biotin, Vitamin B12 supplement, ascorbic acid, choline, manganous oxide, zinc oxide, ferrous sulphate, copper sulphate, calcium iodate, sodium nitrite (a preservative) sodium selenite.

What do ya'll think??

2. gmacleod

gmacleod Elusive Moderator Staff Member

What exactly is it? It's some form of dog roll/sausage?

To be honest, I'm not that keen on it, especially if it were to be making up a reasonable portion of the diet. And that's primarily because of the large amounts of wheat/rice flour and sugar (sucrose) in the food. There's a lot of salt too.

The manufacturer has "split" the ingredient lamb into (very) many component parts - but if we get past that, then you've got an ingredient list that reads: lamb, whole wheat flour, rice flour, sucrose, long grain rice, salt, calcium carbonate, canola oil, water, etc

If you were feeding it as an additive to his kibble (like a tablespoon or so) I wouldn't think it would be a problem. But as the mainstay of a diet, it looks to me to be of low nutritional value. JMO

3. CC

CC Completely Boxer Crazy

It's decent for treats - although I prefer the Natural Balance roll as it has fewer chemicals and (I think) no grains. I dice some up into little hunks and use it to treat sometimes.

4. Tango's Mama

Tango's Mama Super Boxer

gmacleod- Yes, Its a roll sausage type thing. Thank you so much for your opinion. Thats the kind of info I was looking for!

"The manufacturer has "split" the ingredient lamb into (very) many component parts - but if we get past that, then you've got an ingredient list that reads: lamb, whole wheat flour, rice flour, sucrose, long grain rice, salt, calcium carbonate, canola oil, water, etc "

I just wasnt sure if i was understanding it correctly your words made better sense of course. I was looking for something to just add to his kibble to tempt his taste so I beleive I will just keep looking and not bother with this product.Thanks again for the opinion!

CC- I also looked into the Natural Balance and it did look better. I had the thoughts of grating some over his kibble so he would want to eat it. You are right in that it had no grains. I didnt know about natural Balance until after I posted this-hehe so I think I jumped the gun a little!!

Thanks to both of you! I will keep trying and in the meantime im going to go read the BARF forum and see if that is something I can do!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.