Rocky woke this morning to HUGE Welts on his back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sostorecz

Boxer Pal
I am not sure what this is...he sleeps with me so If he was being attacked in the middle of the night I would think I would have been too with his back right up against mine....needless to say I am not sure what it could be? He acts just fine....he is running, jumping playing and just being the clown he always is...terrifying the cat and local toys....

any ideas would be greatly welcomed!

Thanks!

RolenKisses

Boxer Insane
It sounds like hives. If you do a search on here and type in "hives" there are some pictures of them, so you can compare. Hope that helps :)

JackDawg

Boxer Buddy
Did you bathe him recently? Jack used to do this until I switch shampoos. I now use Pet Aromatics "Woodsy Woof". Just a thought.

Chiefsmom

Boxer Insane
Chief is REALLY prone to hives... sounds like the same. He's even proven to be allergic to some types of laundry detergent we use. If we switch, the hives go away.... (something to look into if it happened under the covers or overnight)... aside from a bug bite (which I'm sure you don't want to think about :eek: ;) ) Anyway... Austin's Mom is right... Benedryl works wonders with hives.

joeys mom

Boxer Insane
Joey had hives for the most part of last week, he gets them it seems mostly in the summer, maybe just coincidence (sp?) but anyhow he was at the vet last friday and they said it was pretty common in boxers (our vet has three boxers of her own) and that the Benedryl was the best way to go unless they seem extremely bad, wich they havent so far. I have yet to link when he gets them to anything yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.