1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rocco's Story

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Rocco850, Jun 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocco850

Rocco850 Super Boxer

My boyfriend and I really wanted a dog and decided that whatever dog we found we would only get him from a humane society. So we checked out the first humane society and all the dogs were cute but not one really stood out. So we tried another one the same day and that's where we found our puppy. He looked so sad, and of course any homeless dog would, but he was in very bad shape. He was underweight, hardly had any fur, instead he was covered in scabs, wounds, scratches and patches of hair. That was enough to break our heart there so we asked to see him. He was the sweetest little boy and as soon as he was let into the room with us he gave us one of those boxer hugs. :) It was quite obvious that he had a rough life already at 9 months.

He had a VERY bad cause of Mange and we were given two different stories to why he was there. The first story was that the previous owner was moving and wasn't going to bring him with. The other story we got was the previous owner went backrupt and lost everything. Which ever story was true, Rocco never saw a vet since he was born and this poor thing was suffering. We knew that we wanted to give this puppy a better life and take care of him so we took him home that weekend. The staff there and at the Vet kept telling us that they didn't know if he would have ever been adopted since he was in such bad shape and no one wanted to take on that extra responsibility. We were even asked by someone who was visiting the humane society if he was going to make it! He had only been there four days and it's a shame that some people would turn their back on a sweetheart like him. We are lucky that they did because he may not have been in our lives. We till this day cannot understand how anyone could give him up, we are lucky to have him. :)

We've had him for 2 1/2 months now and he looks great. He still has his Mange and visits the vet once a week. I have pictures in our gallery if you'd like to see how sad he looked. :( Now he's spoiled rotten! :)

2. Vela

Vela Boxer Insane

Wow what a great mom and dad he has. He looks wonderful! It takes a special person to see past the "ugly duckling" to the beautiful swan. You would never have known how he started out to look at him now. Great job! Looks like you are all lucky to have found each other. He will pay you back a thousand fold in his lifetime. Can't wait to see more pics and hear more stories.

3. Holden's Mom

Holden's Mom Boxer Insane

Such a heartwarming story. I'm so very happy for all of you. And your Rocco is just as cute as can be.

Enjoy this adorable little fella.

Pam and Pete

4. magoo's_mama

magoo's_mama Super Boxer

What a beautiful boy

I'm so glad you found each other, he looks just great!! You guys have a great future to look forward to together. I'm a sucker for pitiful pound puppies as well. How could anyone not see that darling face under all that mange!
    Congratulations Rocco!!

5. Adelle

Adelle Boxer Insane

What a great story. Rocco is a very lucky boy to have found such a wonderful new family. Heiscoat looks so much better already.

Enjoy your new boy :)

6. natrhymer

natrhymer Boxer Booster

Thanks for rescuing Rocco; what a good looking boy he is! I'm so glad you chose to take in this "unwanted" pup and nurse him back to health. You are to be commended for working so hard (and spending the $$!) to give Rocco a better life, free of pain, suffering and heartache. Kudos to you!

7. harris2x2

harris2x2 Boxer Booster

What a great story, and what an amazing transformation for Rocco! He really is a beautiful boy. Congratulations. :)

Jen

8. Gretchen B

Gretchen B Super Boxer

What a gorgeous boy! You have done a wonderful thing by rescuing him and dedicating time and money to his recovery. He will pay you back a million times over with all his love for you! Knowing boxers, he probably has already. Thanks for sharing your story. I wish more people could see "diamonds in the rough" like you did.

9. marciafinn

marciafinn Boxer Insane

What a wonderful story - thanks for sharing! :) Rocco looks remarkable - you guys have done a great job with him. Keep the stories coming!

Marcia & Mason

10. Cindy Creel

Cindy Creel Boxer Insane

I love reading stories that have great endings. He is a beautijul. You have done a wonderful thing. He will be the best dog . They have a sense when someone saves them. You will have a better life because of his love.

Cindy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.