Roaming Dog (Not a Boxer!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Boxer Buddy
On my way home from school my mom was telling me about this dog that was running around near our house. I was dissapointed I wasn't there to see it. (I am the major dog nut of the family, they all like dogs, but I am *almost* obsessed ;) )

Anyway, when we got home, my mom called me over and said they dog was back. I ran outside and saw it across the road with some girls. After talking to them, I found out the dog was not there's and they had never seen it before. The one who lived there wanted to get it away because it was fighting with her dog. I got a leash and told them I would tie it to my porch. We live on a fairly busy road and this dog doesn't seem to have 'car smarts'. I didn't want anything to happen to him. A neighbour from across the road said someone had called the police and the Warden would be by in the morning. At the moment, the dog is tied to the back railing.

I called a couple shelters, one was closed but said on their recording that they are full and can't accept dogs. I called another one who doesn't pick up stray dogs but they put him on their lost dog list. *sigh* I don't want him to go to the city pound and get euthanized, but what else can I do?

He is happy right now, he only would eat when I stayed outside with him.

Well, I'm sorry this is so long, I just wanted to share my dog story with other dog lovers. (I hope it's okay that it's not a Boxer!) BTW it is black with some tan spots (face and legs) probably a shepherd mix. maybe some rottweiler. ????

Nikki's Mom

Boxer Booster
What is the status of the dog?

------------------
Jennifer,
Nikita (Nikki) - White female born 8/1/93
www.nikita_boxer.homestead.com/nikki.html

Canuck

Boxer Buddy
As of 8:30a.m. he is still at my house. I don't know when (or if) the dog Warden will show up.

I don't want to let him go! But the rest of the family really doesn't want another dog right now. (He would be my responsibility, but they still don't want the extra body in the house). *sigh*

Canuck

Boxer Buddy
UPDATE

The dog is now in the care of a rescue person. It seems he should be taken care of. It is pretty sad when you call all the rescues in your area and they are all full :(

I hope he lives a happy life from now on!
BTW the rescue person thinks he is a shepherd/rottweiler mix, and about 10 months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.