RIP Angel Collie

Status
Not open for further replies.

TossBranAbi

Boxer Insane
OMG, I feel so bad. I hit a dog today :( I came up around a bend in the road and as soon as I did, I saw a dog dart out of a driveway, right in front of my car. There was no way I could stop. It was evident she had just got loose because I saw her dragging her chain and she was running full steam ahead. I turned around and went to the house and knocked on the door. The guy answered the door and I couldn't even talk. to make things even worse, I ended up telling him "I got her good," I didn't mean for it to sound like i'm sure it sounded, I just meant to say that she didn't suffer. I was just babbling and it came out that way. The guy didn't seem phased, he just asked where she was so he could drag her off the road. I felt terrible and kept saying I was sorry. I could barely pull out of his driveway, I felt like I needed to do something. Finally I got it together and left and then I almost got hit backing out of his driveway. I keep hearing the thump noise in my head.

Sorry guys but I just needed to vent to someone who would understand. I don't know if the guy truly didn't care or if he was kind of in shock. He said she was tied up out back and then he paused for a minute and then said he knew how...I don't know what that was suppose to mean. After I left, I had an urge to know her name so decided to call her Angel Collie because she did look like an angel for the split second I saw her running. She was a beautiful sable and white collie with her hair flowing in the wind as she ran.

I have never hit an animal besides a deer and I pray that I never hit anything else. To make matters worse, I was on my way back from the wines and spirits store to get something to drink to celebrate my friend's birthday, she was with me...what a birthday. I keep telling myself I could have avoided the whole situation. Grrr...

RIP sweet Angel Collie. I know you didn't mean to run in front of me, you were just happy to be free. I am so sorry for what happened to you. Have fun up there with all the other pups who have been taken too soon. angelicon

kayboxer

Boxer Insane
Oh how horrible! I can't imagine hitting a dog, I'd probably just lose it. I did hit a cat once, and I cried all the way home. It was late, dark and kind of a rural road. It wasn't really near a house so I couldn't tell someone I hit their cat. I couldn't stop crying, I just thought of some little girl who couldn't find her cat the next day (someone hit my cat when I was younger and I found her under my dad's car). I feel so bad for you, I know that had to have been horrifying. Run free sweet Angel Collie. angelicon

DyckDogs

Boxer Insane
I have never hit any animal other than a gopher, and I know how horrible I felt hitting that gopher. I cannot imagine the pain you must be feeling right now.
Even knowing that it was an accident doesn't make it any easier.
Godspeed Angel Collie.

Murp.mm

Boxer Insane
I'm so sorry that had to happen to you but sometimes there is nothing one can do as was in your case. Try not to blame yourself and I know that's easier said than done but it wasn't your fault. Hugs.

GDOGS1

Boxer Insane
Don't beat yourself up to bad as it was a accident and i am quite sure if you could have avoided it you would have done everything possible to do so.run forever free sweet Angel collie and Godspeed

MoM & DaD of GDOGS 8/18/05 Brindle,Docked,Floppy and full of Zest

bucca

Boxer Insane
you did nothing wrong it was an accident so please dont beat yourself up, im sorry it had to happen to you. the only animal ive ever hit was a squirrel ( three of them) and i cried every time, damn things run across then turn and run back the way they came if only they would have stayed on the other side where they were safe. im sure angel collie is running free at the bridge playing until her hearts content..

Status
Not open for further replies.