1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ring Craft classes

Discussion in 'Showing - questions and answers' started by Aboxerslife, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aboxerslife

Aboxerslife Boxer Pal

So when I finally get my potential show pup I would like to do ring craft classes with him, I have already found a local class and I am going to watch next week.

But my question is what is the best collar to start training him in. It seems all the boxers at the shows here wear a long thin choke/check chain and a find leather lead, or a rolled leather slip lead.

I have various at home already, I have the nylon half check/combination collars, fine choke chains, rolled leather slip collars and nylon slip leads, and the standard buckle collar.

I use a slip lead for day to day walking with my adults and always have done, as when used correctly I find them fantastic.

Should I start as I mean to go on, and get the pup used to one type so he knows what his job is, or maybe start with a half choke/combination collar as its more gentle?

2. Darbysmom1

Darbysmom1 Super Boxer

Nylon

I typically start my puppies with a nylon show lead it is easier on their little necks since they will want to dance around and play and tug at it. Moving to a chain when they are about 4 months or so depending on the puppy some of my puppies will even start out in the show ring with the nylon puppy collar. Hope this helps..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.