Reverse Flashy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda

Boxer Insane
With all the talk lately about "black boxers", I thought I would bring this up for discussion...

I believe the term "reverse brindle" is really a layman's term and is truly not a different type of brindle, just a different pattern of stripes--brindle is brindle.

Anyway, I thought that we should have another layman's term: "Reverse Flashy Brindle." :D :D My Remy would be Reverse Flashy Brindle! Sounds much more distinguished, I think. ;)

A white boxer with fawn patch(es) would be "Reverse Flashy Fawn."

P.S. And, please, this is NOT intended as a discussion of genetics or boxer colors. :rolleyes:

Billysmum

Boxer Insane
I think you're right! Why shouldn't a mostly white dog be reverse.

Billy has a reverse face! there's no white there at all!!!!!!!!

buddy'smom

Boxer Pal
How true Linda!! Reverse Flashy Brindle makes a lot of sense to me! And I agree, a brindle is a brindle is a brindle. Kailee is a brindle and that is really all I need to know. Linda, you are so inspiring with this Reverse Flashy Brindle term, and yes I think it does make Remy sound so much more distinguised. :D

Alisha Mobley

Boxer Insane
I thought you were meaning "reverse flashy" as in plain.

Billysmum, could you imagine the look on someones face if you were to tell them your Boxer has a reverse face. :LOL:

JulieM

Boxer Insane
Linda, you're right, and as Matthew and I discussed "reverse brindle" is really not even an accurate term, as the ground color is still fawn.

Brindle is brindle is brindle - "black," reverse, regular or "frindle"!

"Reverse flashy" cracked me up :)

Linda

Boxer Insane
Originally posted by Alisha Mobley
:LOL:

Okay, don't ruin it for me. :LOL:
What I mean is there is so much white, you hardly see the color, hence "reverse flashy" :D

Aimee

Boxer Insane
Still wish there was a better term than plain fawn or classic fawn..mine want a fun name too :LOL:

Alisha Mobley

Boxer Insane
Originally posted by Linda
Originally posted by Alisha Mobley
:LOL:

Okay, don't ruin it for me. :LOL:
What I mean is there is so much white, you hardly see the color, hence "reverse flashy" :D

Ah, I get it now. I guess I needed someone to draw me a picture. :LOL:

I'm w/ Aimee, our non-flashies need a fun name.

Lisa M

Completely Boxer Crazy
Very cute. I think Casper's coat is what I USED to call reverse brindle but it only shows up in a few little places on his ears - should I call be cute too and call him reverse reverse brindle :) or even more anal retentive and insist on telling people that he is a "reverse heavy brindle, not a white boxer"?

Status
Not open for further replies.