Reluctantly switching back to kibble

Status
Not open for further replies.

1CRAZYBXRLVR

Super Boxer
Due to a broken shoulder, I may have to switch from barf to kibble temporarily. If so, has anyone done this and other than gradually, what do I need to do to keep him from getting sick?

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
What does having a broken shoulder have to do with feeding BARF?

1CRAZYBXRLVR

Super Boxer
I get my raw meat from a coop and it usually entails cutting or sawing and then repackaging (ie., lamb ribs or pork necks, etc.) I guess I could buy chicken wings and smaller stuff for now and have someone help me repackage it.

myrocky

Boxer Insane
Oh you have the broken shoulder! I thought you meant your dog had a broken shoulder. :p What about premade raw?

sgbtab

Banned
maybe you can just go to the grocery store and get backs and necks or wings for a while. it might cost a few pennys more but you won't disrupt there diet.

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
Maybe someone would help you out, so that you could still feed BARF. I would if I was closer, but I'm just too far away. I wish there was a BARF Coop here.

Maybe you could buy already prepared food from a Natural Pet Store that has it. There are some stores here that really have a good selection of prepared food as well as lots of RMB's.

Good luck!

totallyhip

Boxer Insane
When we first started raw, it was premade. They do have some good products out there. Its more expensive but its just temporarily until your able to get back to using your shoulder. OUchh I feel for you, I hear a broken shoulder is very painful :(

Status
Not open for further replies.