1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Razor sharp teeth

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by MyMike, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyMike

MyMike Boxer Pal

I've been wanting to ask this question for some time, and another 'topic' triggered off this thought.

Mike has very small front lower teeth - about six of them I guess - all of which are razor sharp. I don't understand this very much because he usually uses his canines to chew on his beef bones.

It is sometimes a little dangerous too as he has unknowingly sunk his teeth into my palm once when I was trying to retrieve a tennis ball from his mouth.

I haven't consulted my vet about this yet, but would it be possible to make his teeth less sharp by making him chew on something.. something that wouldn't be painful to him but would ease the sharpness?

He is a very well trained and friendly dog, but my biggest worry is that - when I take him to play with other dogs, I wouldn't want him to unknowingly sink his teeth into them... it hasn't happened in the past.. but I've got my worries...

2. GRBoxer

GRBoxer Boxer Pal

I heard that letting them chew on tennis balls will grind their teeth down a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.