Rawhide ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stokley'sMom

Boxer Booster
Thanks, Vela. I just love it here. I've become addicted to this forum. My DH gets aggrevated with me because I'm on the computer all the time.evilicon

erin'sdakota

Boxer Buddy
I was just wondering what everyone thought of this newer "pressed" rawhide? It does last for days literally - I bought an extra large one to avoid swallowing risks and we only give when someone is around. Is the main issue the chemicals used in processing? I'm gonna have to dig the kitchen trash to read the label. I gave Dakota an extra lrg Nylabone (edible) but she cracked it and I think she swallowed it - that was a nerve wracking 24 hrs. :eek:.

Well back to work...yes i will look for those "Bully Sticks" also for ASAP use.

Till next we chat...lovicon

rockysmommie

Super Boxer
We got Rocky a huge gigantic raw hide bone (it's twice as big as his head). It keeps him busy and there's no risk of him swallowing anything because it's way too big. We don't give it to him that often, but honestly that is the only thing he'll sit down and chew on. Any other nylon bones or sterile beef bones, he'll hide them as soon as we give it to him. It's so wierd.

Stokley'sMom

Boxer Booster
I did get some bully sticks and she really liked them. But I have now decided to stop giving them to her b/c she has choked on them twice. She will chew on them until half of it is all white and chewy. Then she will try to swallow that white part and then other end is still hard and dry. I've literally pulled them out of her throat as she was gagging. Talk about scary. I've decided to stick to large beef soup bones. At least I know she won't swallow those whole. BTW, I think I posted earlier that she had swallowed an entire soup bone, but this weekend, my DH was working in the back yard and he found it. Stokley's so sneaky.

Does anyone know if they are less likey to choke on the 6 inch bully sticks than the 12 inch? We were giving her the 12 inch.

Status
Not open for further replies.