1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Raw food and throwing up.

Discussion in 'RAW Feeding' started by axp113, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. axp113

axp113 Boxer Booster

So about a week or so ago my 1.5 year old boxer started throwing up around 4-5 am in the morning several days in a row. I feed a raw food diet, 2 meals a day, 12 oz rmb, 4 oz offals. I feed around 6-7 am and 6 PM each day. So I did some research and I am trying to split up into smaller meals 3 times a day, 7am,6,pm,10,pm. But he still threw up.

Also when he throws up, most of the food comes up, chicken necks, backs, and sometimes, offals. And then he eats it after throwing it up and he seems fine.

He does not show any signs of being sick or any pain, and he Is very active. Any suggestions?

I am going to skip a meal or 2 and see how he does, then feed him a bland meal or 2 of cooked chicken meat or cooked ground beef.

One more thing he has been eating raw since 8 weeks old and I have been feeding raw over 5 years with my other boxers.

Thanks!

2. SandraH

SandraH Boxer Pal

please check for pancreatitis.

My boy was throwing up his food, usually you can see the food wasn't digested at all.

He looks fine at the time (and for several months) but one day he didn't want to eat.

The veterinarian said " If he is eating the food, then you should not worried about, he is ok." but he wasn't ok.

The most characteristic thing for me was that the food look the same when he eat ir then when he throws up.

Sorry for the english. =D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.