Rarely barks...is this normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Des11

Boxer Booster
Chance hardly ever barks. Even at the door to be let back in he will whine and later progress to a bark if after a while he has not gotten a response.

He does not bark at the door bell or people for that matter. He just turned 2 on the 26th. Is this normal for his age.

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
Boxers are not a barky breed. They rarely bark with out a reason. Markus almost never barks inside. :)

Des11

Boxer Booster
Yeah, that is good to know. I guess that it is a good thing, considering the comlpaints and all.

But a good bark or two when the doorbell rings wouldbe nice, as I live alone with my kids.

craZ4HERKIE

Boxer Insane
When Herkie was a pup he rarely ever barked...as he has gotten older he will bark...he will be 4 in June and he still only barks at kuma the siberian and when he hears knocks at the door and when he hears things in his back yard....so I am sure the older he gets his protective instinct will kick in....I like you was beginning to worry about Herkie....now I completely feel safe when me & my daughter are home alone....because he lets us know if he hears anything!

Jessica, herkie & kuma

Ronin1

Boxer Insane
Ronin isn't really a barker either. He will let out that "Goff" sound when he see's something or someone he doesn't recognize. He does have a "big boy" bark so he COULD be loud if he decided to. Luckily, I live in the "country" and all sorts of dogs bark out here. :D

missyprissy

Boxer Pal
Missy 19 months now,does not bark at anything:confused:.I would love to hear her bark at least just once :) ,because I have never heard her bark,lol.She becomes alert and just lifts her ears and tail when something catches her attention,making alittle snorting muffling noise. But I have to say she is the best loving creature alive ;) Hugs
Karen-Missy

mugsysmom

Boxer Booster
Mugsy didnt really bark for the first 2 months we had her now she growls and attacks people ... go figure :)

jtw2824

Boxer Pal
Apollo hardley ever barks either, only when we leave to go somewhere, then we can hear him whining and barking up a storm. He's such a little baby!

Cayman's Mom

Boxer Booster
Well I guess our pup is the odd ball here. He is 9 weeks old and barks at everything. He will bark for 5 minutes straight.

Jodirae

Boxer Booster
Tunney is 7 months old and we have heard her bark (loud, big girl bark, not a muffled woof) twice. Both times was at the neighbor lady walking by the fence, there is something about her Tunney does not like. Other than that she gives her muffled woof when the doorbell rings but it sounds more like a cough than anything. I think its great. The people across the backlane from us have a black lab that they leave out 24/7 and all it does is bark at everyone walking by. Its very annoying. So from the sounds of it its normal that chance doesnt bark often!!

Jodi, Darren & Tunney

Status
Not open for further replies.