Raisins/grapes can be dangerous for dogs - I had no idea!

Not open for further replies.


Boxer Insane
I was just following a link to the ASPCA's poison control website (just like to be prepared - guess it comes from being a girl scout as a kid...) and found a toxicology report they've posted which says that grapes and raisins can cause kidney failure in dogs. :eek:

I was shocked as I've never heard of such a thing. But I don't believe in taking chances with my babies, so no more grape chasing on the kitchen floor for them! Here's the link if anyone else wants to check it out:


- Gloria

Alisha Mobley

Boxer Insane
Originally posted by mygirlmollie
I thought they were only toxic in large amounts.

From what I understood from previous posts, it is large amounts that are toxic. We feed grapes every once in a while...they don't last long around the skin kids so the dogs miss out most of the time.;)


Completely Boxer Crazy
wow thanks for letting us know..i had no clue...kneesaa's not even getting small amounts...no use in taking a chance..you know!


Boxer Insane
I didn't know of the danger until I joined Boxerworld. It is dangerous in large amounts but I don't want to take a chance. She used to get grapes when she was younger and she wonders why she can't have them now. My hubby will get some to munch on and she cries, we tell her, sorry can't have them.:(

Linda & Erik
Ginger * June 4, 1997
Flashy Fawn * Natural Earsqueenicon
Not open for further replies.