1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Raised bumps all over the body

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by ureclipsed, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ureclipsed

ureclipsed Boxer Pal

My 1 year old female boxer has raised bumps all over her body. She doesn't seem to be bothered with them, but they are progressively getting worse. Can someone advise what these things might be?

2. Loke

Loke Guest

You're in the wrong forum. ;) I'm sure they'll move you. Has she had them long? Or just today? Loke gets that when she is having an allergic reaction. If that's it, benadryl works great! But I don't know if that's what you are dealing with. More info would help. :cool:

Lenna

3. tanya22

tanya22 Super Boxer

Ava has bumps all over her at night and then they are gone in the morning. They did not seem to bother her. Last night they were really bad so I called the vet this morning. He seems to think it is a reaction to mesqito bites. His suggestion was to give her a small benadryll BEFORE going out at night.

4. BoxerPak

BoxerPak Boxer Booster

Junior gets bug bites every night. Thank goodness for Benedryl :D ! It always takes care of it. I wish I would've known about that last year when he was bit by a bee, he swelled up like a balloon and hubby and I took him to the E-Vet and spent $156 for two shots and a script to go and buy Benedryl!!!

5. basak

basak Boxer Insane

It does sound like allergies. It can be to anything though, not only mosquito bites;)
    Krose is somewhat allergic to chicken for example! :rolleyes: I have a weird dog, I know!

basak

ps: his allergies are very related to me not paying attention to him, I am beginning to believesmashicon

6. Sadiesmawme

Sadiesmawme Boxer Buddy

Well, I just got back from the vet..seems as though this is happening everywhere. The vet said, It looks like she has doggie chicken pocks~

Some of the bumps have yellowish "heads" on them, like actual bites. But she gave me amoxicillin cause there are so many between her toes that they are swollen and are sticky with pus. Her legs are covered, I cried and cuddled all nite with her. She also gave me something like benadryl called hydroxzin (spelling?). She also gave me something for the pain, Sadie is limping and won't let you touch her back paws.

I am so upset.....poor baby~

7. ssleighter

ssleighter Completely Boxer Crazy

Hammer gets hives all of the time!! As he gets older they seem to be getting a little less frequent (he's 16 months old), but they haven't stopped completely yet. I am sure his hives are allergies to something and only once did they get so bad it required an emergency vet visit, his face started swelling. If your boxer has any facial swelling it may be more serious, but hives are completely treatable with benedryl as you've been advised.

Good luck!

Sharon, Mom to Hammer, Ginger and Booker! :D

8. DI_411

DI_411 Boxer Booster

Our Ella turned out to have an allergy to grass and a secondary infection due to the itching. So it is probably an allergy. Ella got a steroid shot and some cephlaxin. It took about a week but she is all better.

9. Sadiesmawme

Sadiesmawme Boxer Buddy

I was wondering...WHY would it just start now? Sadie is now a year old....it just has me puzzled.

10. DixieDiana

DixieDiana Boxer Buddy

It can happen at any age and any time without warning.
    My 11 week old Mabelline is going through it now.
    I came home from work Friday morning ( I work graveyard ) to find her completely covered in hives and her ears, eyes, and muzzle were swollen :eek:
    My son said he didn't have a clue what happened. He said she had slept all night other than, he took them out potty once.
    I gave her benedryl and called the Vet. He said the benedryl should help and to continue with it about every 8 to 12 hours for a couple days. Well, a few hours later, she was much worse.
    I took her to the Vet and he gave her shot (steroid) and said she should be better soon. He said it may take a couple days for all the bumps to disappear. He also said for me to continue with the benedryl for a few days.
    Well, she is still having problems!! :(
    As soon as the benedryl starts wearing off....she starts bumping up. I give her another one....they go away again. Vicious cycle!!
    She has a little sore spot on one of her ears now and 3 sore spots on her forehead :(
    I don't have a clue what is causing all the problems. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.