1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quotes about Boxers Only?

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by newark, Jul 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newark

newark Super Boxer

Hi everyone,

I am looking for 12 very good quotes that are about boxers. I did use a search and came up with a lot of quotes about dogs in general, but nothing on boxers in particular. I have two quotes currently - one is short and will work nicely, the other is more of a poem and is too long for my needs. So, I'm turning to the great people of BW to get some quotes about our favourite breed - the boxer! Please feel free to provide quotes about Boxers that you find somewhere (and include the author) or make up your own. If you make up your own and I want to use it, I'll PM you for your permission in advance of using it.

Many thanks!

Jenn & Jersey

2. Rowdy Boys

Rowdy Boys Completely Boxer Crazy

When discussing owning more than one boxer in a forum, I saw someone (I believe it was Thomas Liggin) say that boxers are like potato chips - you can't have just one.

3. SC's Mom

SC's Mom Super Boxer

I don't think you'll need to use this one but I thought it was just a cute little story.

We had a plumber at our house doing some work, he saw Caesar and turned to me and said "Isn't that a boxer?" I said yes he was to which he replied "I heard about boxer's those are the dogs you have to throw a tennis ball to for at least 2 hours to get them to lie down for 15 minutes!" I nodded laughed and walked away as Caesar chased his tennis ball!

4. layla'smommy

layla'smommy Super Boxer

Hi! I have the book "The Boxer: Family Favorite" by Stephanie Abraham, and there are several sentences that I think would work well as quotes. They are not quotes per se, but I think that they still sound good. Here goes:

"Indeed, our lives have been enriched beyond measure becasuse of the love of a dog. We have been adopted by that most irrepressible of clowns, that most intuitive of comforters, that most selfless of companions-the Boxer."

"He will make you laugh; he will make you cry; he will try your patience; he will outwit you when he can. And he will love you with an intensity that will suprise and amaze you. He will be your canine soul mate."

"A Boxer without a reason is a Boxer immovable."

"Living with a Boxer is an odyssey, full of adventure and fun. Such a journey requires that the human involved take complete responsibility for the welfare of the one creature on earth who will never offer criticism, never complain, and always stand ready to serve and protect."

"The bond between a Boxer and his family is really no less than a remarkable, caring, and totally committed love affair."

Hope you can use at least one of these!!!

Jenni & Layla

5. Debbie Magon

Debbie Magon Boxer Pal

One of my vets is English.
    He used to own boxers when he lived in England and although he dosnt now, they obviously left a huge impression on him.
    We were discussing the various and unique qualities of the boxer and he quietly replied:

"Ahh..... but there are dogs and then there are BOXERS" :)

Many years ago a singer/dancer by the name of Danny Kaye said this about boxers.

" Once you have been owned by a boxer, you are ruined for all other breeds." :LOL:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2003
  6. HELENE

HELENE Boxer Insane

Debbie, Danny Kaye was right, Boxers do spoil you for other breeds.
    I read in the BW a long time ago about a child at school that said they didn't have a dog ......they had a Boxer! :D I quite agree.
    I have a small book that is just called 'Boxers'. In it at the very beginning it states 'If the Boxer didn't exist, we would have to invent one' . Also it says 'Scarcely any other dog can produce such inimitable wrinkles upon its forehead as the Boxer, and scarcely any other dog gazes at you so goodnaturedly while furrowing its brow'. 'Often Boxers are called the philosophers of the dog world' .

7. catcompany

catcompany Banned

Danny Kaye is so very right.

8. basak

basak Boxer Insane

I agree with all of the above.
    Sometimes I have to remind myself that Krose is actually a dog...
    Is he:LOL:

basak

9. Wally & Reub

Wally & Reub Boxer Buddy

I liked Thomas Liggin's post about boxer owners - You don't have to be crazy to own a boxer but it helps. :)
    Jennifer

10. Rowdy Boys

Rowdy Boys Completely Boxer Crazy

Ssshhh!! No one has told Magnum and Omar that they are dogs. :LOL:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.