Quick vibes for Juno?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiskers

Boxer Insane
It's been 3 days since my poor girl has been able to keep a meal down. Usually within a couple hours of eating, she throws everything right back up. I took her to work with me yesterday and we took x-rays just to rule out an obstruction. The vet was a little indecisive about what was going on higher up in her abdomen, since she's so deep chested (getting good exposure on her narrow abdomen means her deeeeep chest cavity was underexposed), but she didn't see anything glaringly obvious going on so I decided not to retake it, and to just treat the symptom - which meant a 24 hour fast and a bland diet.

Unfortunately after putting her back on food today, we've just gone right back to vomiting. Thanksgiving weekend she got into 3 bags of treats and ate 12 Heartgard, and was fine after that... since then, I can't think of a single thing she's gotten into or anything weird she would have eaten. Not sure how the poop situation is - if it's normal, diarrhea, or if she's pooping at all, since I don't go out with her. The most confusing part is that her behavior is totally normal, so that makes me feel like I'm worrying over nothing lol.

So anyway, I'm bringing her back into work with me tomorrow where I'm suspecting we'll retake x-rays and... who knows what else? Vibes that everything is okay and her gut is just being stubborn about getting back to normal?

Kisaq

Super Boxer
{{{{Vibing your way}}}}

do you have her on an antacid? Probiotics?
is it bile or food coming up? Undigested or partially digested?

Poor girl.

whiskers

Boxer Insane
{{{{Vibing your way}}}}

do you have her on an antacid? Probiotics?
is it bile or food coming up? Undigested or partially digested?

Poor girl.

No antacid at the moment, and no probiotics.
The vomit is a lovely combination of bile and undigested food. What worries me is that in her noon vomit today, was a Beggin Strip that my dad had given her over 12 hours prior. Surely it should have been out of her system by then. Or at least not so obviously look like a Beggin Strip??

The vet working tomorrow is different from the one who was in yesterday. So who knows, she might look at the x-rays from yesterday and see something that the other vet didn't. I just hope it's a (relatively) easy fix!

Kisaq

Super Boxer
No antacid at the moment, and no probiotics.
The vomit is a lovely combination of bile and undigested food. What worries me is that in her noon vomit today, was a Beggin Strip that my dad had given her over 12 hours prior. Surely it should have been out of her system by then. Or at least not so obviously look like a Beggin Strip??

That's odd. No more beggin' strips for the time being, I'd say.
It'll be interesting to see if there is no more trouble now that the "foreign body" is removed from the system. LOL.
Not that it's funny...
Might be worth seeing if the beggin' strip showed up in the xray. If not - there could be all sorts of things stewing around in her belly.
Both my dog now, and the one who passed recently, do (did) not process carrots well. And I would see a marked change when ever one got in their food somehow. They would just be a bit off for a couple of days. The about 48 hours later the carrot bit would either come up out of the front end (whole and unprocessed) or out the back end (whole and unprocessed). Weird... but then they'd be fine.
Needless to say, I don't give my dog carrots anymore - cooked or raw.

I know I keep saying probiotics ... I should be a sales rep *rolls eyes* I act like it's a fix all. But I swear, it can't hurt and it might help especially for something like this. Even if it's just a bit of plain yogurt or cottage cheese.

I think its a good sign the BStrip came up. But you say she's been throwing up for three days... so maybe it isn't the BStrip. Mind you, I don't think I'd give a treat like that with questionable ingredients to a dog who's having digestive problems. So much for bland diet. Bad Daddy bad. ;)

Eh... I'm rambling. I hope you and your vet can figure something out to treat the poor girl. At least dogs are not like cats. They can go a few days without food and be none the worse for wear.

TysonCheeto

Completely Boxer Crazy
Please keep us updated on her progress, you seem to be handling it quite well! I always panicked and assumed the worst, it's always nerve wracking when they do something strange and it lingers on! I hope they can find out quickly today what's going on in there!!!!

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
Poor Juno!! I don't think it's unusual to throw things up days later, when their stomach is not operating normally. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon.

Sending lots of positive healing vibes your way.----->>>>>

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
Poor Juno! Of course lots of positive healing ((((vibes)))) are coming!

With eating the Heart Guard could a piece of the packaging have gotten lodged somewhere? It is thin and may be difficult to spot on an x-ray. Just a thought.

Roge

Boxer Insane
Ohh poor Juno.. I hope that you get it sorted soon .healthy <<<vibes>>> going your way..

Status
Not open for further replies.