Question on feeding Nutro

Status
Not open for further replies.

douma

Boxer Insane
Hi,i fed Avra Nutro and she pooped 3 times during the morning walk and 3 times at the evening .
She was eating Nutro PUPPY choice large breed for about 6-7 months.
Now i feed her royal canin large breed and she still continue to poop 5 or 6 times per day,so nothing change.Avra is very healthy with muscles but thin.
Our other dog a GSD 2 1/2 years old eats Nutro ADULT and poop 2-3 times per day ,she is very healthy and with very nice coat but fatter than Avra
So , i think that depend on the dog OR the food for large breed through stools work off all the non-necessery.Maybe for this reason our GSD whice eat Adult food depend on Avra whice eat puppy food .
If you had seen change on your dog's stools maybe it was when you change the food from puppy to adult.
It's Just my thinking and i would like to hear your opinions ,i plan to change Avra's food from puppy to adult when she will be 15 months old .

http://photos.yahoo.com/sof22001

O

Otto's mom

innova

Originally posted by Tulsa-Dan
My dogs had very loose stools and pooped about 5/6 times a day on Nutro. I don't feed them Nutro anymore. Now I feed Innova ( http://www.naturapet.com ) and they are fed 3 times a day (one cup each meal) and they only poop 3 times a day now, and their poop is formed and firm and less volume - finally. I feel they are getting more from their food with Innova than they did with Nutro (or Purina, which I also tried with the same results as Nutro), with much less waste. Innova contains human grade foods from all the food groups and NO BY PRODUCTS or additives.

Good luck

I am glad to hear that you had such success with Innova. I have been reading that dogs actually get really loose stools from it so i have been really afraid to try it. We have had the same results from Nutro and Purina has you so hopefully we will finally have success with Innova.

I

ilovenira

I feed Nutro Natural and Nira poops non stop! We call her the pooping machine. I would say she goes at the very very least 3 times a day! Some days depending where we are and what we are doing she can go 5 or more!!! i feed her 2 times per day --morning and evening. I had considered changing her food becuase i thought she went far too much, but it sounds to me to be pretty normal. She is kinda a nervous dog, as i guess boxers are. She gets hives and stuff, she worries too. So i just attribute the pooping to that!

EMWAZ

Super Boxer
nutro

Well after a few years of using pro plan we changed to nutro. I also think its the specific kind of nutro, that makes a difference and as many people say make sure your talking Nutro and not NUTRA, a more generic brand. We are using chicken and rice, they love it, their coats are good and they don't seem to eliminate that much.

We did it because of cost and nutro seems to be a good quality food and all natural. They seem to like the green striped bag the best, I believe its the all natural.. and that includes MSM (sp) for their coats, etc.

Here's their website. We are believers. Our dogs like it.

http://www.nutroproducts.com/index.html

By the way the cats hated the cat food!! We went back to pro plan for them..

Loke

I just switche to Nutro Natural Choice 2 weeks ago, from Kibble and Chunks. It's the one that says it improves the skin and coat, main reason I switched after reading several posts on here. I still mix their food with the old until it's gone, which is just about now. Loke gets upset tummy if I switch too soon and see no reason to rush it. I have seen some improvement and I think will be even more once they are pure Nutro fed.

ninersneal

Super Boxer
Originally posted by ilovenira
I feed Nutro Natural and Nira poops non stop! We call her the pooping machine.

That made me laugh. My husband sometimes gets mad and tells me it looks like she had a "poop parade".

Sohshee'smom

Boxer Booster
After reading quite a bit on Innova I have decided that I want to use it. I got on their website and realized that no one in my WHOLE freaking state carries Innova. You also can't order it from that site....any suggestions??

I

ilovenira

My mom uses Innova and she orders it thru a pet supply company. Im not sure which one--cause she owns her own grooming business so she does a lot of catalog ordering, but im sure you can find a catalog that carries it and order it by mail or even online. The only one i can think of right now is called Pets USA I think they are petsusa.com on the web. Otherwise I would do a search of pet supply catalogs/companies/sites and see if they carry it. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.