1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on bm?

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by ashgeo, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashgeo

ashgeo Boxer Buddy

Hello all, we just picked up our new puppy Harley this past saturday, he's 7 weeks old. Saturday morning he went to the vet and was wormed(?), the breeder we purchased him from said he might get diarrhea, well yesterday it got looser and looser, this morning it was green and loose, when should I worry? Its not totally water either. He's eating good, and drinking well. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Phyllis

2. gmacleod

gmacleod Elusive Moderator Staff Member

Well, diarrhoea following worming and rehoming isn't uncommon - just too much stress for a baby all at one go. That's one reason it's usually recommended to continue feeding the same food as a pup was getting from his breeder (however nasty that food might be) for the first week or two - just to avoid adding one further stress to the little guys systems.

The fact that it's green is just a little unusual though, so I'd keep a little bit of an eye on that. You could give him just a little (a teaspoon will do) of plain canned pumpkin with his food - that should help to firm up his stools a bit. Don't give more than that though, or it'll have the opposite effect ;)

3. ashgeo

ashgeo Boxer Buddy

thanks

Thank you, I'll keep an eye on it, he had a bm a little bit ago and it was normal, not green either! We have his first vets appointment saturday so I'll just keep an eye on it. Thanks again though, I feel better. Cant help myself he's so sweet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.