purebred???

Status
Not open for further replies.

erindan311

Boxer Buddy
Off the Subject

I know this is off the subject...but how do you get a picture of you pup under your screen name? And how do you get those little blue paws next to it??? Just wondering...I would like to put Tyson's pic up too!!:confused:

frogicon Erin

RileyMom

Boxer Booster
The pup pictures are called avatars, and I don't know how to put them up but there are instructions on the site somewhere.

The blue paws are put there by the site administrator when you've posted a certain number of posts. So you'll just have to post more often ;) I just got my third paw!

erindan311

Boxer Buddy
Thank you...I will definately have to start posting more. Looks like you've been busy!! I'll look up the information about the avatars...thanks again!

wormicon Erin & evilicon Tyson

myrocky

Boxer Insane
Erin,
My pup looks exactly like yours. Mine just has more flash though. He has big old floppy ears and a longer muzzle. My vet says that he will grow into his features. He was a rescue pup from a shelter so I don't know much about his history. He is very small for five months, which could be due to how sick he was or his parents could be very small. People think that he might be a mix also but he acts identical to a boxer and looks like one. I will post a pic as soon as I can. But I wouldn''t stress to much, not all boxers are the same, which I have come to live with....

Andie

erindan311

Boxer Buddy
Andie,

REALLY?? beericon

I wanna see a pic!! I think my furbaby is beautiful!! The vet said that him having a longer muzzle helps his breathing and heat tolerance, so actually I don't think it's such a bad thing anymore!!
I was just being a worrywart. I've seen the error of my ways and am proud to show off my unique little boxer baby. Tyson is 8 months old today!! He's getting soooooo BIG!

I'll post some newer pics soon...but I would really like to see your little one.

appicon :LOL:

lovicon Erin & Tyson lovicon

Gavin Bean

Boxer Pal
why the long face?

I have read all of the posts replyed to your initial thread and am surprised that nobody had mentioned the fact that in the boxer standard, a boxers head is to have 1 therd to 2 therds muzzle to scull ratio. This means that on the overall lenth of a boxers head the muzzle is to be 1 therd. The picture that you have posted doesn't show much of his body to look at but the picture does give us a fairly good look at the head. A fault in many boxers all around the world is ratio of scull to muzzle is quite wrong, according to the standard. Most that are wrong, in my opinion, are to short. This can lead to breathing problems more commonly seen in breeds such as pugs, bulldogs,etc. The fact that your boy might have a head that is not 1-2 is not uncommon and any vet would tell you that a muzzle that is slightly longer is much better than a muzzle that is too short.

Tam319

I'm a little slow so I just got to reading this post today. This is not meant to piss anyone off but I have to say that I take offense to the comment that:

"Really, it would be like comparing a Chrysler (since I don't think purebred dogs should be *luxury* items) to a junkyard heap - Ford engine, GM chassis, Honda doors, etc."

I own a 1/2 boxer mix and I don't think that he is a "junkyard heap". He is a beautiful, kind, noble dog who deserves no less love or respect than any purebred. I know that the "accidental" breeding between two dogs is the fault of the owners - I don't think mix dogs should be criticized because their owners are irresponsible. I would rather have a trusty mix any day compared to a poorly bred purebred.

I do commend ethical breeders for their devotion to their breed. I believe 100% in health testing, and ethical, well researched responsible breeding. I love the boxer breed and the way purebred breeders have preserved the wonderful traits that make the boxer the awesome dog it is today. But please, don't call my dog a "junkyard heap" just because the people that brought him into this world did not give him as good of start in life.

This is not meant to piss anyone off! I just think ALL dogs, regardless of breed, color, shape or size deserve attention, respect, a good home, and above all, LOVE.

OK, I'm done now.

Thanks,

Tamara

White Knight

Boxer Pal
Welcome Erin, Dan and Tyson

Your boy looks very much like a boxer....m best friend's first boxer had a very similar head to you boy. From the sounds of things the breeder is not one of the more ethical or trustworthy individuals. Poor breeding programs and back yard breeders will usually produce the more structurally poor representatives of any breed. I feel your boy had come from such beginnings....but that doesn't mean he is an inferrior pal or best friend. At his abe, being "skinny" is very usual. They go through many growing stages and at times look like they have been half starved for weeks when in fact get the best meals two or three times a day and clean the bowl each meal. Not to worry...keep up with the vet checks and have him neutered as soon as the vet says is safe. He will be a better companion and not pass any of the poor qualities his breeder failed to be concerned about. The best of luck to you all.fiesta1ico Rock On !!

erindan311

Boxer Buddy
White Night,

Why thank you very much for your kind post. He is now almost 11 months old. His body is starting to fill out and his head is definately proportionate. Although his nose never did scrunch up, he does have the slight underbite that they are known for. We did have him neutered and our vet has given him a clean bill of health. We love him so very much! We have come to appreciate the characteristics that make every boxer owner come to love the breed. The woo woo's and the affectionate welcomes are unbeatable! We plan to adopt another boxer once he is two. I can't wait!! Thank you so much for your compassionate reply...Boxer owners are the BEST!;)

budlitefan

Boxer Booster
just wanted to comment on your baby boy..he is very preciousangeliconwhether he may be infact a pure bred or a mix...as long as you love him the way he is, hey, who cares?... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.