1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Puppy to adult

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by dan h, Feb 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan h

dan h Super Boxer

Hello everyone! Our Max is only 6 months old and his body doesn't look like the body of other boxers (older) we see at the park. One owner told us that he still has the puppy rump? Well, his body is not stiff and straight. He is always wiggling (Kidney beans), and he's back seems higher than his front most of the time. He has like an S shape curve going from his back to front. His body looks very flexible compared to other boxers. Is it just because he is a puppy? Will his body eventually take it's place and settle in the right spots? It doesn't really matter to me what his body looks like, but with all the hip problems, fast growth problems, ACL, CCl, and etc... I just wanted to make sure that he is normal and not having problems with his bones and growth spurs. Thanks in advance for you responses.

2. BRIDGIT

BRIDGIT Completely Boxer Crazy

I am experiencing the same thing with Jasmine. She is now seven months and is kind of the same thing you are describing. I know in time she will thicken up and take on a more "normal" look. I sometimes laugh because she goes through growth spurts where her head will look too small for her body or visa vera.

3. Kathryn Saxon

Kathryn Saxon Boxer Booster

I wouldn't worry too much about your puppies --
    picture gawky adolescent boys who are all legs
    and elbows :)

Somehow they usually come together as they
    grow -- you will get used to the adult look and
    look back and photos and LAUGH one day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.