Puppy size

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristy

Boxer Pal
Is it normal for the boypuppies to be bigger then the girl puppies,,,and i mean ,,my 4 year old even noticed the difference thats how much bigger they are.
I plan on taking them to the vet if they soon do not catch up,,,,,,Kinda scared,in s.c.
Kristy

------------------

Boxer Crazy

Boxer Booster
When Keisha had her 11 pups - some were smaller than the average and some were larger than the average but it didn't seem to have anything to do with weather they were male or female - just the individual dogs size. Mind you she only had 2 females and 9 males.
I had a very knowledgeable breeder who whelped the pups and helped me out every step of the way. I couldn't have done it without her. The biggest dog at birth ended up being one of the smaller ones after about 3 weeks - we found out he had an allergy to the milk supplement we were giving him. When we took away the supplement he cought back up to the others.
If the pups have fat bellies and are strong and content, then they may just be smaller dogs. If they cry alot and seem skinny they might not be getting all they need to eat. If they aren't growing as fast as the others but are eating well then there could be something wrong.
Do they seem healthy in every other way?
How many pups do you have and how old are they? Do they all get equal time to nurse if they are still nursing? Do you have a breeder who can help you with your questions regarding the puppies?
If you aren't sure about these pups you should have a vet or experienced breeder take a look at them - if there is something wrong a pup can be dead within hours, so you must find out from someone with experience if there is anything to worry about or not.

------------------
Keisha - March 8/98 - female plain brindle with cropped ears
Travis - May 14/00 - male flashy fawn with natural ears.
Sammie - approx 11 yr. F/S Beagle X
Riley - March 8/97 - F/S tri-color, long haired chihuahua

kristy

Boxer Pal
They seem healthy,all are nursing well,but at first I had to bottle feed them,,,they are now 1 week 3 days old,there eyes are stating to open we love them so much I was just worried,about them,I called there vet,and he assured me that all was ok,,so I am ok now ,but just like my children I still worry about there nutrition,,thanks
Kristy

Boxer Crazy

Boxer Booster
I'm so glad to hear that the vet said they are fine. The first 10 days is the most critical time health wise for a pup.
Having Keisha's puppies here was a big worry for me even though the breeder was just a phone call away. I know how you feel, I worried constantly! It is a big responsibility. Hope all goes well for you and your dog and her puppies. Please keep us posted on how they are doing.

------------------
Keisha - March 8/98 - female plain brindle with cropped ears
Travis - May 14/00 - male flashy fawn with natural ears.
Sammie - approx 11 yr. F/S Beagle X
Riley - March 8/97 - F/S tri-color, long haired chihuahua

Status
Not open for further replies.