Puppy holds it all night, can't hold it during day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitikarial2

Super Boxer
We went through the same thing when Lucy was that age. I too thought she was doing great in the cage and she was peeing on the blanket. I stripped her crate of blankets and beds. They are too young to understand and it will get better. Lucy would do the same thing go outside pee come inside and pee on the kitchen floor. But like everyone says it does get better it is frustrating and takes awhile but it will happen. Lucy started sleeping with us at night at a young age (i know its wrong) but she will usually sleep through the whole night without an accident. Funny i think she just likes sleeping with us. Hang in there.

Hs'ing Mom

Boxer Booster
Patience and complete consistency has been the key for us.

Chloe was about 9 weeks old when we first got her. She couldn't hold it for more than 1.5 hours. For 6 weeks, I got up with her several times nightly. I would set the clock for every 1.5 hours. I slept on the couch so my husband could get some sleep. Chloe slept in her crate, which I placed right next to the couch. I also had a toddler and small baby at the time that were still getting up at night. LOL! I didn't sleep for 6 weeks! I slowly kept inching the clock up a few minutes until Chloe and I were finally able to sleep thru the night.

During the day, I also kept up with the time and took her out every 1.5 hours. I increased her time slowly during the day. At 7.5 months, we are now at about every 2-3 hours during the day and sleeping all night. :) Well, I guess you could say Chloe is the one sleeping all night.....my two toddlers take turns waking us up! LOL!

Hang in there! I began to think Chloe would never be completely housetrained. We still have our bad days but she's getting the hang of it all now!

Hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.